Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Research - "What Impact has Internet Technologies had on Graphic Design"?

Options
  • 25-05-2013 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm doing a Research project for college. I'm looking for some feedback on this question.

"What Impact has Internet Technologies had on Graphic Design"?

I'd be grateful with any valuable feedback. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,574 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thousands of people are now under the impression that because they can put together a website or a document on a computer they are now graphic designers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Topics reminds me of the old joke where somebody posts in a graphic design forum to ask about the price of photoshop: nobody replied, because nobody has ever purchased a copy of photoshop.

But seriously, it's done wonders for and against the discipline. On the one hand, you've the free exchange of ideas and inspiration etc, as well as the business end of being able to find customers and designers, as well as lower costs to designers for advertising their work.

On the down side, a decent job can now be done without any discipline or work and an a client who doesn't know much about it (what they're paying YOU for) will go for the cheapest. So the market is flooded with hacks who can edit out a background but don't use baseline grids, don't know the difference between graded types, and other pet hates of mine.

Advertisement