Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted: Original unreleased Reggae Songs

• 25-05-2013 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I'm the publisher for a UK based reggae band "The iFoundation".

They were voted in the top 5 UK reggae bands for 2012 at the Brit Reggae awards and appeared at the awards ceremony at the London O2 in Feb 2013 with more UK festival and 02 dates for 2013.

They also been play listed on loads of Irish and UK local and community radio stations and have had some national radio airplay in UK and Ireland.

We have a top production team but I'm looking for kick ass songs for them.

Here is the brief:

You would need to send me a demo, it doesn't need to be highly polished or professionally recorded, I just need to be able to hear melody and lyrics.

Home recording is perfect, try not to spend any money on recording, recording on a pc will do, even if it's just guitar and voice, that will be fine.

Dance, dance dance, gotta be up beat.

With respect, no "in the hood" gangsta rapping sorta thing.

I don't want to limit the focus, but a catcy hook line/chorus would be nice.

I'm looking for as many songs as we can get.

Even if you have a great song and it's not reggae, why not (?) re-work to see how it sounds with a reggae beat.

PM me for email contact address.

If we decide to use your song, everything will be agreed correctly in writing before hand.

Check out my post in Bands Community ( Songwriter: Payment & Royalties) to get an overview of the arrangements that can be used if we enter into discussion to use any of your songs.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 musicvine

Have you registered with or visited www.emeraz.com ? They have a lot of songwriters who have their songs posted to listen to, and you can filter for melody, lyric writers etc. I'm sure there are very talented writers on here - I only registered a short while ago so am still 'browsing'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

musicvine wrote: »
    Have you registered with or visited www.emeraz.com ? They have a lot of songwriters who have their songs posted to listen to, and you can filter for melody, lyric writers etc. I'm sure there are very talented writers on here - I only registered a short while ago so am still 'browsing'.

Thanks for the heads up on that. An interesting site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 musicvine

You're welcome. It is an interesting site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RichieFlipper

How can I send you mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

How can I send you mp3

Hi Richie: PM sent: Here's the level of production we have at the moment:

https://soundcloud.com/ifoundation/please-dont-run-away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 RichieFlipper

Did you receive the mp3 that I sent? thanks

Advertisement