Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Week 5 Results

Options
  • 25-05-2013 12:52am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Divisional clash with the Colts @ Titans Colts receive

McCourty picks off a pass, DHB TD McCourty gets a pick 6. Witherspoon int, FG Titans, Colts punt, Titans punt. Great pass to Fleener on the 1st play and its a TD. Locker then throws an int, TD Jackson after Ayers completely misses the tackle!

Johnson takes a pass 90 yards for the TDand i get some breathing room

14-24 Titans, Steven Jackson TD
    Titans throw the ball straight to Mathis!
    Then. craziest int ever by a DT! but Titans get nothing as Locker throws a wayward pass with DHB wide open and about to go into th endzone

HT and Titans up by 3, Titans receive

Great goal line D by the Colts, Titans take 3

A pick 6 to Cromartie, TD Fleener!

10 point game and Rock gets kicked

We go again..

10 point difference is recreated, C2J makes it 17. Colts punt

Big penalty on the colts for hammering the receiver OOB.
    Titans kick a FG but its well short

Another crazy int, Mccourty tries the pick, it bounces miles away.. witherspoon picks it off, Another FG is short

Wimbley picks off a pass, Titans punt, Colts punt. Griffin picks off a pass. Locker throws an int, Luck fumbles,but Colts recover. Long FG attempt is short. Titans get the ball with 11seconds but cant do anything

HT and Titans up 17-0, Colts receive

TD Colts

Titans go on a great drive, DHB is open but the pass is way off target and its picked.

Colts are on a good drive, a pick is thrown to Finnegan and he does a great job of weaving through a couple of tackles before sprinting to the end zone.

McCarthy picks off a pass, Williams TD.
    Titans are running out the clock, Johnson fumbles, Colts recover, booth review and its over turned, Titans punt with a couple of seconds and thats game

I think the reason for the win here was the Titans kept Jackson to 6 yards on 3 carries. The Titans run D limited the Coltsto just 20 yards and as a result Rock had to throw often and Kap through 5picks while Locker threw 2

Johnson got me out of a couple of holes with 104 yards and a TD on the ground
    Titans D showed itself to be a good unit, with 8 sacks, a FF, a FR and defensive TD.

Rock as i said it was a real shame about the first game as it was a cracker, see you for the return leg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I HATE THE COLTS!!! THAT IS ALL.............AND EA.

that 1st game was a cracker, 17-0 down and got back into it, only for EA to serve me with a network timeout, anybody else have problems with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

The Packers beat down the Vikings 34-0. Couple sacks and INTs on defence. Pretty much had to punt for the entire second half. Broke off some big plays (was treating it like a practice towards the end) and had to stop before scoring and then was punting drop goals.

I hate playing CPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Raven beat raiders

Raiders stupidly went out drinking then played his game in the early morning! That combined with players slipping in the the rain when wide open for TD caused drunk rob to scream at his tv!

Pudsy was great, defence did what it had to do and he polished me off in the 4th quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

In a very Very close game, cards manage not to F&€k it up and win 13-7 over the giants.
    first quarter cards stick to game plan and have a long controlled drive for 7, giants then go 4 and out. cards again drive up the field but are held at their one yard line and opt for 3, end of 1st half giants hit the upright on a long field goal att.
    2nd half giants recieve and drive up for 7, cards go 3 and out. giants then just inside field goal range go for it on 4thand1 make it but on very next play fumble the ball cards recover and drive up for a 47 yard field goal.
    31 secs left and no timeouts giants recieve punt at 30. On first play goes long, is picked off, cards kneeled it out

Cards QB Carvel 12/16 atts for 132
    Giants QB Hardin 13/18 atts for 156

Cards 178 off yards
    Giants 177 off yards

Cards 11 first downs
    Giants 13 first downs

Cards possession 16:53
    Giants possession 15:07

Where things changed was turnovers, giants had 3 (1 forced fumble and 2 game clinching INTS ) cards had 1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lions beat the Eagles 28-7.

Game seemed a lot closer than that. The Lions got the benefit of a few holding and facemask calls as well as recovering their own fumble.

Megatron came up with a few big catches and Pettigrew got in the end zone twice.

Romo had a few dodgy throws and was lucky not to get picked off. For the Eagles Jackson played well and scored a long TD but it wasn't enough as the Eagles fall to their 2nd defeat of the year.

Thanks for the game and best of luck with the rest of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Lost to the Jets. Thirty something to twenty something. :confused: was leading midway through but couldn't find open receivers and threw six interceptions to three. Only didn't score on two big drives so not too bad but defended well for the most part despite conceding 30+points. Onwards and upwards, next up Rams.

Advertisement