Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Crafty Fox

• 25-05-2013 2:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭

Saw on Twitter that there's a new bar/restaurant opening specializing in craft and world beers.

Anyone know any more about this?

Comments

Not yet, but I like the name!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Saw on Twitter that there's a new bar/restaurant opening specializing in craft and world beers.

Anyone know any more about this?

Have you a link to the tweet? I've been searching and I can't find it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say if someone knows anything about it then it would be Beer Baron, that's his area afaik.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Only places I can think of would be Riddlers or the Bitter End/Foxys?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Great name for a bar, and I always loved the concept of craft bars.

All hail the Fox I say. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Wicked Chicken owners? Name and turntables...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd say if someone knows anything about it then it would be Beer Baron, that's his area afaik.

You'd think so but I know nothing. :D

I'm only back in the door from a holiday so learning about this now. AFAIK the guy from the Chicken went off to Dublin but that may have changed.

I did know a guy who looked at Foxys but it was too big but if it's Denmark Street then maybe it's Whelans. Play on the word Foxy. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

This is good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

sounds a great idea! hopefully the place takes off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

What is it with animals and bars in Limerick

the wicked chicken
    the blind pig
    the crafty fox
    the mucky duck

there's probably more..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

vkid wrote: »

the wicked chicken
    the blind pig
    the crafty fox
    the mucky duck

there's probably more..

horse and hound ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

the wicked chicken
    the blind pig
    the crafty fox
    the mucky duck

there's probably more..

The lame duck just outside city limits, not sure if its there any more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭James McNulty

the wicked chicken
    the blind pig
    the crafty fox
    the mucky duck

there's probably more..

Don't forget Smyths & The Icon. Plenty of animals go there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Don't forget the spotted dog.

I like to see more decent pubs opening, with decent beer, but If it is the Whelans bar, that building seems to be a magnet for, scrotes.

If they police the door properly, it could be a great bar. If they take the same lax attitude that the previous incarnations had, then I for one will be staying away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

The lame duck just outside city limits, not sure if its there any more!

Closed 2 years since January, big extension being built at the moment

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

the wicked chicken

That place was gutted in the spring. The plaque from the front wall is gone too. Looks like it's no longer going to be used as a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

the wicked chicken
    the blind pig
    the crafty fox
    the mucky duck

there's probably more..

The Black Swan -- come to think of it, there are two of those!........one in Annacotty the other on Davis St.

we still have the unicorn, and in times past had the pink elephant and termights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

see, animal names everywhere! Great to see new pubs opening but a bit of imagination wouldn't go astray when naming them ( imo)!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

The Moose :)

...and now closed for a while, but The Pike Inn was a big enough draw in it's day.

Back on topic though, I presume is it a given that whatever craft beer pub might be opening hopes to replicate say The Porterhouse in Dublin? i.e., no Guinness/Bud/Carlsberg taps whatsoever?

pushing it a small bit but rashers and small claws might make the list:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Dark Horse out in Patrickswell.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

see, animal names everywhere! Great to see new pubs opening but a bit of imagination wouldn't go astray when naming them ( imo)!

I think this name is probably meant as more of a play on "craft beer".

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of a range they do anyway. 8 Degrees, Trouble Brewing, Corca Dhuibhne, Carlow Brewing Co and some of the Porterhouse range would be nice for Irish produce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

europa11 wrote: »
    Back on topic though, I presume is it a given that whatever craft beer pub might be opening hopes to replicate say The Porterhouse in Dublin? i.e., no Guinness/Bud/Carlsberg taps whatsoever?

Quite. Or, say, the Bull and Castle in Dublin — popped in last month just for a quick glass, but spent all evening there with tasting trays.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

I think this name is probably meant as more of a play on "craft beer".

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of a range they do anyway. 8 Degrees, Trouble Brewing, Corca Dhuibhne, Carlow Brewing Co and some of the Porterhouse range would be nice for Irish produce.

They do 30 different craft beers mostly irish and constantly changing (Tom Creans, 8 Degrees, o haras, Trouble brewing, Dungarvan etc) in Michael Flannerys Pub across from Icon and have Frannziskanner, Leffe, etc all on Tap. I would say they have one of the largest craft beer selections and a nice clientelle which as Source said is important.

Sully777 wrote: »
    They do 30 different craft beers mostly irish and constantly changing (Tom Creans, 8 Degrees, o haras, Trouble brewing, Dungarvan etc) in Michael Flannerys Pub across from Icon and have Frannziskanner, Leffe, etc all on Tap. I would say they have one of the largest craft beer selections and a nice clientelle which as Source said is important.

I had no idea! Haven't been in that bar in ages. I'll have to pop in some evening this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

was asking one of the barmen in Michael Flannerys (Denmark St) and he hasnt heard anything about it!

They've got quite a nice selection of alternative beer/ale's too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭James McNulty

Mc Love wrote: »
    was asking one of the barmen in Michael Flannerys (Denmark St) and he hasnt heard anything about it!

They've got quite a nice selection of alternative beer/ale's too!

That's a beautiful little bar, one of the nicest I've been in for a while. Great range of Craft beers too. That Tom Creans is savage stuff Here's their FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/MichaelFlannerysPubLimerick

Advertisement