Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brisbane-any work??

Options
  • 25-05-2013 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Have been here for a couple of weeks now and finding it very tough to find some work, even part-time!

Can anyone help with some suggestions where i could look (i've already looked at the usual online sources)??

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

There is very little in all fields. You will need to know people or have a really good CV in some of the areas that are actually in demand, probably only LNG or Major Project resources experience. All this would be remote based too.

Im here 6 years and my wife is trying to get back into the market after our baby has now settled.

Only one interview and thats from an old boss, from prior to baby !

good luck, from the RTE and Times.ie Ireland appears to more optimistic an outlook than Oz to be fair.. we are widely regarded to be on the slide.

WA is still more fluid, 5 mates ( all Permanent resident or Aussie ) have gone recently as they could not get work here, leaving homes and family...

good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Queensland .... not high on the list of booming states to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Here 2 weeks myself, can find nothing . Didn't even get a phone call. Seriously thinking of packing up and aiming for regional work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Try and get something lined up before you head out for regional work, its quiet-ish season at the moment, you might get something in tillage if you know what your at, but it'll be thin enough on the ground in SEQ. Might be better further north, I'm not really sure.
    Try Agworkforce.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just thought I'd chime in.. Girlfriend and her Brother moved here 3 weeks ago tomorrow. Her Brother started a job last Tuesday (He's a Mechanic) and also had two other interviews. Girlfriend started a job today (working in Office Admin for Financial Advisor's) and also had two other job offers this week. Both on WHV.

Hang in there anyone looking for work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

I'm living and working in Brisbane for 2 years now in IT.
    Took about 6 weeks to get a job when I got here and was kinda freaking out but then I got offered a couple. Just takes time.

Advertisement