Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commute to Booterstown

• 25-05-2013 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

Would really appreciate some help on this. I've looked at a few older threads on this but no one has ever replied to this question!!! I've been offered work in Booterstown and am now considering where to move to as am currently living in Fermanagh, no way could I handle that commute!!!

We have family in Kinnegad so would prefer to move there, is this a doable commute? I've gotten various different reports on the commute ranging from 1 hour 15 to well over 1 and a half hours. I would have relatively flexi time in that I have to do my 7.5 hours but can start anytime after 8 except 1 day a week where I have to do 9 to 5.30.

Failing anyone knowing the commute time from Kinnegad can anyone give any sort of indication of how bad traffic is once you come off the M50 at junction 14? Would you be stuck there for upward of 20 minutes?

We're also looking around Wicklow but with only one of us working & needing a very large garden for our dogs the closest we can really afford is rathhdrum which doesn't look like a much quicker commute!!

Would really love some help on this as I'm gettin quite stressed over the whole thing. It's completely ruining my YAY I HAVE A JOB buzz!!!!

Thanks a million for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It seems a bit mad living that far away and on the wrong side of the city. Booterstown is well connected with trains (DART & Commuter) and buses (Dublin Bus route 4, 7, 8 - all operate from the stop on O'Connell Bridge).

Getting off the motorway at Sandyford is difficult, especially at peak times, due to the number of people heading for the industrial estate. Note also, that there is a toll on the motorway between Kinnegad and Kilcock.

You could get a train Enfield (about 18km from Kinnegad) to Booterstown (change at Connolly / Tara Street / Pearse) at the following times:
    * 06:40 arrive 07:57
    * 07:14 arrive 08:42
    * 07:51 arrive 09:25

There are Bus Éireann services:
    * route 115 that departs Kinnegad (Hilamar Hotel) at 0635 (2 services) 0700 0725 0805 (arriving Dublin 0755-0945) http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1349780398-115.pdf
    * route 20 that departs Kinnegad (The Phoenix) at 0800, arriving Busáras at 0855. www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1360752896-020X.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 35 twiggy86

Thank you for the reply Victor, that's what I was afraid of. I'm trying to push himself to think about Wicklow more so coz I agree it does seem silly to be going that far the wrong side of the city. Is it as bad to try to get into Booterstown from just say the M11? My preference would be driving but I'm open to suggestions!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Richard Logue

twiggy86 wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply Victor, that's what I was afraid of. I'm trying to push himself to think about Wicklow more so coz I agree it does seem silly to be going that far the wrong side of the city. Is it as bad to try to get into Booterstown from just say the M11? My preference would be driving but I'm open to suggestions!!

You could get a train from Rathdrum and change at Blackrock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

twiggy86 wrote: »

The N11 is very busy in the mornings inbound from Cabinteely to Donnybrook. Coming from Wicklow you could either go right at Cornelscourt up Clonkeen Road, then straight through Deansgrange and on to the Rock Road and Booterstown or continue in on the N11 past Stillorgan and then go right down Booterstown Ave. but there is a big school on the avenue which causes major bottlenecks in the mornings and afternoons.

If your work hours are flexible then it's easy to plan the day so that you avoid the bottlenecks, the N11 for example is pretty ok if you timed the commute so that you got to Cabinteely after 9:45 and you could also look at getting the 145 bus from Kilmacanogue to the top of Booterstown Ave., it has a QBC all the way so would be a viable option in the morning if you didn't mind walking down Booterstown Ave.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 twiggy86

Thanks for all replies, we're now looking at Kilbride or Roundwood to live in. I'm thinking of driving to greystones Dart and getting that into Blackrock/Booterstown. I see there's a park & ride at greystones so this might be handiest, although I'll probably not know until I get down there! It's quite hard working these things out from Fermanagh as I have literally no experience of living in Dublin!!

Another question, is the traffic bad going into Greystones park & ride in the mornings?

• Advertisement
Advertisement