Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sigelei zmax apv

Options
  • 25-05-2013 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Anyone on here got or using the sigelei vv, recently got hold of one and possibly have an issue. If so what ya think of it and what carto/ tank ya using with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

redkid wrote: »
    Anyone on here got or using the sigelei vv, recently got hold of one and possibly have an issue. If so what ya think of it and what carto/ tank ya using with it.

You mean the Sigelei Zmax V3 telescopic?My main issue is the wonky screen and a lovely scratch to match.Also!!!...I can see the button failing.Its becoming unresponsive.You're probably not even talking about the V3,but I got to vent so all is good:)

Edit;Actually to be fair and to give a more balanced view,my main issues are cosmetic(not me!the Sigelei:mad:) It does what its supposed to do and without the cosmetic flaws its a nice looking piece of kit,which coincidently rhymes with...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I'm using the sigelei vmax telescope and getting on very well with it, looks to be built to last. Menu system could be better but you get used to it quick enough.

What issue are you having with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

I actually don't have an issue, initially the voltage kept returning to default 3v but that was because I hadn't it set properly, with that sorted iv used it several times and not a bother. Happy enough with it tbh, think il hold onto it for a while.

Cosmetically speaking I think it looks quite good regardless of what size battery is in it although there is also a tiny scratch on the LCD display but that doesn't matter but it does seem built to last. Time will tell.

That's not a scratch, that's a feature:D It seems to come with every Sigelei, along with a crooked screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

so.... just to do a running total.... am i right in thinking EVERYONE on here who bought one had a scratched/crooked screen? or has anyone been lucky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

artyeva wrote: »
    so.... just to do a running total.... am i right in thinking EVERYONE on here who bought one had a scratched/crooked screen? or has anyone been lucky?
    No mine screen is pufik, not a scratch and menu scroller is as it should be.
    BTW were they all the same batch (ESI) or have they been bought elsewhere as well?

Mine has a tiny scratch in the bottom right hand corner but the display and settings are working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Crooked screen here. No biggie..

P.I.T.A wrote: »
    No mine screen is pufik, not a scratch and menu scroller is as it should be.
    BTW were they all the same batch (ESI) or have they been bought elsewhere as well?

Yeah that's right PITA,rub it in!!:mad:
    Bought mine from ESI.

I reckon the longer the 'ah sure its grand like' attitude continues from customers the longer we will have to put up with sub par standards.Maybe that's just me and I'm being a fussy ****.

Bought mine from ESI.

I reckon the longer the 'ah sure its grand like' attitude continues from customers the longer we will have to put up with sub par standards.Maybe that's just me and I'm being a fussy ****.

nah, yer not fussy. if i'm gonna pay 60 odd squid for something i think i'd expect a straight display and without scratches. if the first few were showing the exact same faults i think they should have been sent back to the supplier, not sold. just my opinion. :o

• Advertisement

nah, yer not fussy. if i'm gonna pay 60 odd squid for something i think i'd expect a straight display and without scratches. if the first few were showing the exact same faults i think they should have been sent back to the supplier, not sold. just my opinion. :o

Your right Arty, but seeing as mine is perfik can't complain :D:D

What did I say :eek:
    :P

ESI were good about it up to a point.They sent out a replacement with no scratch but the screen was even more crooked so I emailed them explaining that I would return the replacement and keep the original.
    Totally agree that they should have been sent back to supplier,unless that is,they were been sold to the vendor at a reduced price because of flaws,but I seriously doubt that as no reduction was passed onto the customer.

ESI were good about it up to a point.They sent out a replacement with no scratch but the screen was even more crooked so I emailed them explaining that I would return the replacement and keep the original.

You can't please all of the ppl all of the time, and you can't plz any ppl any off the time :D
    BTW RS do you want to buy mine it's in purfik condition, and yours for €80 + postage and paypal fees + another €10 for straight screen, a bargain if I say so myself :cool:

Totally agree that they should have been sent back to supplier,unless that is,they were been sold to the vendor at a reduced price because of flaws,but I seriously doubt that as no reduction was passed onto the customer.

there was a US vendor that was selling them at a discount i think - can't find it now so i assume they've long sold out. not exactly blaming ESI here either btw, i've been seeing it on lots of vendor's reviews customers are seeing the exact same faults. but that's the thing at what stage does a vendor's bottom line take second fiddle to opening a box making sure the product that reaches the customer is perfect? and yes, i realise how incredibly naiive that sounds btw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

If the extra checks were put in place products would be more expensive, you'd have to be prepared to pay the difference - all those duds cost the manufacturer money! Given that we outsource our business to China and they in turn outsource their work to Africa/Indonesia/Other Poor Places I think it's safe to say we are not really prepared to pay the difference, or we are prepared but we're not wealthy enough to.

For such a young industry I think companies like Sigelei are doing a pretty good job (scratches, wonky screens and all). They're the Dell to ProVape's Apple.

Don't blame the vendor looking out for the bottom-line, blame the consumer demanding more features (actually, demanding all the features) at the lowest possible price, and it better be NOW!!! Or else they'll NEVER....EVER...SHOP THERE AGAIN!!!*

*Until next week.

grindle wrote: »
    If the extra checks were put in place products would be more expensive, you'd have to be prepared to pay the difference - all those duds cost the manufacturer money! Given that we outsource our business to China and they in turn outsource their work to Africa/Indonesia/Other Poor Places I think it's safe to say we are not really prepared to pay the difference, or we are prepared but we're not wealthy enough to.

For such a young industry I think companies like Sigelei are doing a pretty good job (scratches, wonky screens and all). They're the Dell to ProVape's Apple.

Don't blame the vendor looking out for the bottom-line, blame the consumer demanding more features (actually, demanding all the features) at the lowest possible price, and it better be NOW!!! Or else they'll NEVER....EVER...SHOP THERE AGAIN!!!*

*Until next week.

Hold on,let me get this straight.You're blaming the'demanding'consumer for vendors not applying basic standards and manufacturers having little to no quality control?
    I would imagine quality control is primarily put in place to help keep operating costs to a minimum,so the probability of the consumer having to pay much more in the long run is unlikely
    and anyway,why the fcuk bother when you can unload flawed goods onto the vendor and still make money?The majority of industries dont have that luxury and rightly so.Vendors should without question be returning sub-standard products,which would hopefully result in manufacturers having no choice but to implement a quality control program and in-turn,the customer doesn't waste good money on sub par shiite.

Poor vendors though,having to put up with 'demanding' customers when all they want is whats best for us...how...how could we-the lifeblood of the industry,expect basic quality checks,products that both look and work as advertised,responsible sourcing(thats just downright greedy like)...So lets accept these standards when it comes to ejuice and lets flog
    the "its still a young industry" excuse for another ten years and above all else,lets blame the incessant demands of the consumer(evil) for sloppy practices.
    Roll on batches of ejuice with poop and pubes!!:eek:-now thats reeaaaally gonna gunk up those coils something rotten:(

After all this has blown over and the dust settles on all our imperfect vaping paraphernalia and we can see what is truly important....fancy a bum like?:o

i've worked in retail. and i've also worked on the back end [hush now] of retail dealing with logistics and customer complaints. if a supplier sends you one dodgy product you might get away with flogging it [i said hush] off to a customer at a discount, saving everyone's blushes. but the only way to protect your industry's reputation and stop a supplier sending you crap is to not accept it, i don't think the picture needs to be any bigger than that really.

and now i'm off to try and consume as much coffee as rattles seemingly has so far this morning :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Hold on,let me get this straight.You're blaming the'demanding'consumer for vendors not applying basic standards and manufacturers having little to no quality control?
    I'm blaming the consumer for demanding the highest quality at the lowest prices. It's impossible, but they always demand it. Silly consumer.
    I would imagine quality control is primarily put in place to help keep operating costs to a minimum,so the probability of the consumer having to pay much more in the long run is unlikely
    In the long run. This being the beginnings. I agree. Once they grow they'll start offering more quality, otherwise another businesses will beat them at that.
    I think most customers know that what they're buying isn't a ProVari, so most don't complain when they don't receive a ProVari for less than one third the price. I didn't return a crappy junior hacksaw from the €2 shop because I recognised my mistake in buying a junior hacksaw from a €2 shop.

and anyway,why the fcuk bother when you can unload flawed goods onto the vendor and still make money?The majority of industries dont have that luxury and rightly so.
    That's not true. All industries are built upon tiers of (cheap) flawed goods building up to the top of a pyramid with premium products at the top. By your logic every can of Budweiser and Dutch Gold shouldn't even reach the hands of the consumer because the vendors should send them back to suppliers as sub-standard products.
    But they don't see them as sub-standard (for the price).

Vendors should without question be returning sub-standard products,which would hopefully result in manufacturers having no choice but to implement a quality control program and in-turn,the customer doesn't waste good money on sub par shiite.
    They should without question be sending back faulty goods. If it isn't fit for purpose, they should send it back. If it's fit for purpose but has a wonky screen and costs over three times less than the brand it wants to beat, they should keep selling it because at three times less it's a bargain.
    If it's faulty send it back.

Poor vendors though,having to put up with 'demanding' customers when all they want is whats best for us...how...how could we-the lifeblood of the industry,expect basic quality checks,products that both look and work as advertised,responsible sourcing(thats just downright greedy like)...
    How can they expect all of those things at the prices they expect to pay? That's just downright greedy.
    So lets accept these standards when it comes to ejuice and lets flog
    the "its still a young industry" excuse for another ten years and above all else,lets blame the incessant demands of the consumer(evil) for sloppy practices..
    Roll on batches of ejuice with poop and pubes!!:eek:-now thats reeaaaally gonna gunk up those coils something rotten:(
    That's probably already happened somewhere in the world. "A subtle bouquet of sac-residue..."
    After all this has blown over and the dust settles on all our imperfect vaping paraphernalia and we can see what is truly important....fancy a bum like?:o
    Quality will increase as the market thrives, competition will make sure of that. (unless the Chinese are operating ecig cartels, wouldn't surprise me)
    If you don't want to support extremely cheap products, pay more money.
    €100 smartphones are €100 because they're substandard, not because they're surprisingly good value. Should they all be returned as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

They don't sell "seconds" but if they did, they'd tell their customers first.

There's a thread on the ECF about the Sig Zmax - there's a bunch of folks there with wonky screens - they bought theirs from vendors in the states.
    It's not ESI's fault, it's a common problem - so there's not really a lot of point in ESI spending hundreds to post them back to China to get another batch with the same issue.

If you don't like wonky screens then buy a Provari, Chinese gear can function really well but the Chinese aren't really concerned about aesthetics.
    I've had a good few PV's from China - don't think I've ever had an item that was spot on as far as finish is concerned.

Having a pop at the vendor is pretty unfair when you consider they're all selling exactly the same product - with the exact same issues.

• Advertisement

mrplop wrote: »

There's a thread on the ECF about the Sig Zmax - there's a bunch of folks there with wonky screens - they bought theirs from vendors in the states.
    It's not ESI's fault, it's a common problem - so there's not really a lot of point in ESI spending hundreds to post them back to China to get another batch with the same issue.

If you don't like wonky screens then buy a Provari, Chinese gear can function really well but the Chinese aren't really concerned about aesthetics.
    I've had a good few PV's from China - don't think I've ever had an item that was spot on as far as finish is concerned.

Having a pop at the vendor is pretty unfair when you consider they're all selling exactly the same product - with the exact same issues.

And of all the vendors to have a pop at I certainly don't think you'd pick ESI out, given that they have exceptional customer service. To be fair.

If they chose not to stock Sigelei Zmax's we'd all be giving out about having to buy from the States or China or wherever with the same risk of receiving a dodgy product. In Rattleshake's case they actually replaced the device, you'd have zero comeback if you'd bought abroad with shipping costs etc. You're giving out that the screen is crooked, that's a fairly minor gripe once it works properly and lasts a long time wouldn't you say?

Well that's not what this tread was started for but anyway. I don't think anyone was taking a pop at ESI or maybe they were I don't know. Clearly others have a problem with their unit and as I said slight hairline crack aside it's operating perfectly with all functions working and I'm sure if I had an issue the vendor would be fine. As for ESI I have to say that the customer service is excellent and one of the reasons I continue to go back. Infact if it wasn't for the service if have been back on the smokes a few months back.

I don't think anyone was taking a pop at ESI or maybe they were I don't know.

i wasn't.

but people see what they want to see.

vape on :)

grindle wrote: »

Yeah this is just gonna go back and forth,back and forth,back and forth...the red does look good though,definitely has that commanding air about it.I'd use it again.

mrplop wrote: »
    You've managed to misconstrue what I've said even after reading and quoting me?Cool!:D
    There's threads stuck to my ballsack too and I couldn't care about either.
    The logic of accepting a problem because of its commonality escapes me.

So if you went to a car dealership and said the to salesman,'yeah I like this car,its within my budget but whats with the wonky steering wheel'
    and he said,'well sir plopalot,its not a Ferrari,so what do you expect?'and you replied'so I need to purchase a Ferrari if I want a car with no faults?
    its like Ferrari or nothing kinda deal?'to which the salesperson replies'
    MuhahahahaYes sir plopalot yessssssss-like a snake'
    You'd accept that because its commonplace?
    Nobody is 'having a pop' plop,at anyone.I have said it before,on here and on their site and I'll say it now and no doubt in the future! that ESI's customer service is really good,their products are really good,their selection..meh I'm joking!,we all know they have a good selection.I got free juice from them once because I fried mine,which was fcuking sound.They've even invited me on holidays with them!!(thats not true :().
    I bought from them after Sigeli-Gate,I bought from them the other day(loving the AGR btw) because I know its only a nippleslip in an otherwise 99% of the time nipple-slipless environment.I purchased a product,which I'm not terribly happy about.I'm not the first and wont be the last,that's how the law of averages work.

Well mine has now decided not to work at all.Got the usual 'low vol' message even though the batteries were fully charged and now it just wont turn on.Tried a hot spring but that didnt help.ESI are gonna take a look and see if there is anything they can do.

Well mine has now decided not to work at all.Got the usual 'low vol' message even though the batteries were fully charged and now it just wont turn on.Tried a hot spring but that didnt help.ESI are gonna take a look and see if there is anything they can do.

Do you think it could be a switch problem?

Do you think it could be a switch problem?

The switch did start to give trouble by becoming really unresponsive.I would have to press the poxy thing 128 times for it to register.Im thinking though,that's it is more than likely the battery connection because it began to misread the battery life and now its not reading shiit,totally dead.I'll have both my PV's in the post this week,making their merry way back to the vendors concerned.
    FCUK YOU CHINA!! :D

The switch did start to give trouble by becoming really unresponsive.I would have to press the poxy thing 128 times for it to register.Im thinking though,that's it is more than likely the battery connection because it began to misread the battery life and now its not reading shiit,totally dead.I'll have both my PV's in the post this week,making their merry way back to the vendors concerned.
    FCUK YOU CHINA!! :D

How long have you got it? What's up with the other mod

• Advertisement

How long have you got it? What's up with the other mod

Must be close to six weeks now.The rubber grommet under the centre pin of the iTaste STD has become dislodged making the connection unstable.Some other people who have had the same issue have replaced it with a stronger grommet,which I'm sure I'll do if it happens again.Really disappointing to be honest as its otherwise well made.

Advertisement