Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to watch CL final today with 15y old?

Options
  • 25-05-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Looking for help.

A friend of mine (from Munich) is in town this weekend with a large group of 15y old kids. Of course they all want to watch the CL final BVB-Bayern.

Now, the question is: would they be allowed in to watch the games in any pub? Will the age be an issue?

In another forum a suggestion was that a hotel bar might be the best option. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'd say you'll struggle to get a pub in town. I doubt many pubs would want lots of space taken up by non-drinkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

I think you are right about the hotel option.

there will be bouncers on a lot of doors and they probably wouldn't let the 15yo in. its going to be a very busy night as you also have the rugby final at the RDS tonight.

I think the Hilton in the city centre is showing the football on a large screen. its right next to charlemont luas stop. my advice would be to pick somewhere like that and just phone ahead to make sure you wont have any issues.

maybe take him for a coke in the sunshine at the barge pub on the canal beforehand. I am sure it will be very busy down there! if he cant get in, its a 5 minute walk along the grand canal to the Hilton hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭mr. pleasant

yep, hilton seems to be the best place. apparently the German Embassy has organized something like a "Germans watch the game here" thingy there.

thanks all!

Advertisement