Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red card infraction

Options
  • 25-05-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭

To whom it may concern,

I am looking to reverse a decision made by a moderator with regards to me being shown a red card,both the moderator in question and I have had extensive dialogue,and are currently at an impasse,perhaps due to semantics.

Would it be possible to have a C Mod look into the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi crockholm,

A Cmod will look into this and will get back to you. As it's the weekend, it may take a few days.

Thanks

Micky

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi crockholm,

Apologises on the delay.

This is part of the post you were infracted for.
    crockholm wrote: »
    Black folks can't be too drawn about the word n1gg3r,lord knows,they use it enough through their talkie songs.

Of course Black people can be drawn about a racially derogatory slur word. It is offensive.

That line is quite condescending and not the type of thing that is welcomed in AH.

I am satisfied that the infraction is justified in this case.

You may have an Admin look over the matter if you wish.

Thanks

Micky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Hi crockholm,

Apologises on the delay.

This is part of the post you were infracted for.

Of course Black people can be drawn about a racially derogatory slur word. It is offensive.

That line is quite condescending and not the type of thing that is welcomed in AH.

I am satisfied that the infraction is justified in this case.

Well,if your mind is made up,it is made up,but at least I am going to clarify it for anyone looking in.

At no point did I refer to anyone as that word,so how can I be infracted for it,since I didn't use it?
    The points I was making were,Is the alleged use of the word justification for the riots that followed,and I didn't think so,and I still don't.
    Since the rioters themselves were not the ancestors of slaves,the majority in fact being middle-eastern/north african,the name has as much potency as somebody calling an irishman a "frog".
    I even admitted that the word itself was not nice in subsequent posts.

So what was the card for? What breach of boards etiquette was broken?

Advertisement