Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Fibre

• 25-05-2013 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Thinking of upgrading to Fibre with Vodafone but was just wondering if anyone on here has been set up with it yet and what sort of speeds are you getting versus what was promised? And what's the deal with the new wiring, is it just a change of faceplate at the socket or are they running new cables?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thinking of upgrading to Fibre with Vodafone but was just wondering if anyone on here has been set up with it yet and what sort of speeds are you getting versus what was promised? And what's the deal with the new wiring, is it just a change of faceplate at the socket or are they running new cables?

Thanks

Take a look in the fibre rollout thread,go back a couple of pages to see the speeds posted,those that have it are more than pleased.

All info about the wiring is in that thread also.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭pqdvdplayer

I got Vodafone Fibre yesterday in Westport, Mayo. Although it hasnt reached 70mb/s I am absolutely delighted with my new speeds because I was only getting around 10mb/s before with ADSL. I am also getting over 10mb/s upload speed Happy out.

Click on this link to see my speed

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2736846486.png

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

I got Vodafone Fibre yesterday in Westport, Mayo. Although it hasnt reached 70mb/s I am absolutely delighted with my new speeds because I was only getting around 10mb/s before with ADSL. I am also getting over 10mb/s upload speed Happy out.

Click on this link to see my speed

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2736846486.png

That's pretty impressive, I've been told line can only handle 28 down 16 up, so will be interesting to see what actual I get.

Cheers

Advertisement