If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Denon 1911

Options
  • 25-05-2013 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi Guys
    The denon av receiver I bought 3 years ago is breaking bit by bit. The HDMI ports loose their audio. The Sat/Cab one went 6 months ago so i switched the tv to the dvd port and last night the sound went on that, when I plug the cable into the game port I have audio and picture so its definitely not the cable or sat box.
    Any ideas? Is this common? Contrary to what my girlfriend says, I am not playing the volume particularly loud.
    I'm in Dublin, would it be easier if I droped it into someone here.
    Hope you can help.
    Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

darken9 wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    The denon av receiver I bought 3 years ago is breaking bit by bit. The HDMI ports loose their audio. The Sat/Cab one went 6 months ago so i switched the tv to the dvd port and last night the sound went on that, when I plug the cable into the game port I have audio and picture so its definitely not the cable or sat box.
    Any ideas? Is this common? Contrary to what my girlfriend says, I am not playing the volume particularly loud.
    I'm in Dublin, would it be easier if I droped it into someone here.
    Hope you can help.
    Cheers
    Hi Darken9.

Sorry to hear of the problems that you are having.

I'm not sure what the fault could be although it does sound like the sound processor or the HDMI board may have developed a fault

I think at this point your unit may be out of warranty. However it might still be able to be repaired.
    For us to have a look at getting it repaired there would be a £40 estimate fee to be paid so our engineers could come back with a total to fix. (the £40 already paid comes off this total) If you decided not to go ahead with the repair the £40 is non refundable.

The Denon would need returned to us here in Belfast as we no longer have anywhere in Dublin for repairs to be left for us to collect.

Let me know what you think.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.