Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy Diver released 30 years ago today

Options
  • 25-05-2013 1:18pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just read there that it's 30 years since Holy Diver was released and thought it was worthy of it's own thread, one of the all-time classic metal albums.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Fantastic album, will give it a whirl today as its been a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Superb album. Dio's vocals are incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Interesting article about 'Holy Diver' in this month's Classic Rock magazine...everything not so rosy behind the scenes by all accounts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Masterful album.....love it!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Essential just for 'Rainbow In The Dark' alone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Was only listening to it last night, first time in a year maybe. gem of an album. Stood the test of time and more. Only Dio album I have bar a greatest hits thingy, any pointers or what about any Rainbow albums I should own?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Love the live album Evil or Divine, Live in NYC. Good live version of Rainbow in the Dark. Also standout track on this album for me is Egypt/Children of the Sea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

\m/ DIO \m/
    30 years? Wow. Hard to believe that another 30 years before when that came out would have been 1953 and there was barely rock n roll nevermind metal!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Deschain

edhead wrote: »
    Was only listening to it last night, first time in a year maybe. gem of an album. Stood the test of time and more. Only Dio album I have bar a greatest hits thingy, any pointers or what about any Rainbow albums I should own?

Rainbow - Long Live Rock N Roll, is pretty much essential listening for any Dio fan. Contains one of my favourite Dio era Rainbow songs.

and the amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Great album, Vivian Campbell has put a band together for a few shows with one date in Belfast in August. I doubt Ronnie would have approved.

http://www.lastinlinerocks.com/shows/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

edhead wrote: »

The Dio ones, the first three!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm ashamed to say I've never listened to a Dio album (and I'm 40). I'm gonna get this though and give it a whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Bought the album on its release date.

God i feel old....:(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Shur middle age only starts at 50:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody know if Ronnie recorded a studio version of "Man on the silver mountain" during his solo career? Really like the heavier metal vibe his band gets when playing it live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Feel ancient now... classic album...

Advertisement