Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dodgy car dealers

• 25-05-2013 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hypothetically, say someone had bought a car from a dealer, and at the time of the sale were told they didn't have to sign the change of ownership, that it was all done with the vendor. They were told the forms had been sent off, and it subsequently transpired that they actually hadn't. When the complained they were fobbed off and told that NOW they were sent off, though it's unlikely they were. What recourse would be available? Is there a way to get around the seller to get the change of ownership forms put through? How could it be legal for a car dealer to engage in that level of dishonesty? What would be the other options available?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

hypothetically is the dealer a member of SIMI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Locall:1890 411 412 and explain to the folks in Shannon what has happened. They should send you a form to register the car in your name.

gowley wrote: »
    hypothetically is the dealer a member of SIMI
    SIMI is a mouth piece for the motor trade. They'll do little to nothing for the consumer.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sqooka

Thanks guys, I've already been in touch with them to check if the forms were actually sent, I think I actually need to bring proof of purchase to a Garda station and they can sort me out. I think.

sqooka wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I've already been in touch with them to check if the forms were actually sent, I think I actually need to bring proof of purchase to a Garda station and they can sort me out. I think.
    Yeah, you get the form and go with it and your receipt to the Garda station and the Garda will stamp and sign the form for you. Then you post it off and anywhere from a week to 3 months later you get the log book from Shannon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement