Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is a Panda bin tag? ... and the green bin doesnt need one right?

Options
  • 25-05-2013 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭

Probably a stupid question to ask. But never used Panda until now :)

How much does a bin tag cost?
    and... when putting out the green bin, you dont need to put a tag on it right?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

€8.75 for the bin tag and once you've paid the yearly rate the green bin doesn't need a tag

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Cheers man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Can you buy tags separate or do you have to have paid the yearly charge anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

You have to pay the yearly charge then buy a tag for each time you put the black bin out (green & brown are covered by the yearly charge)

EDIT. That is the way with the old Fingal collection that Panda have taken over

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Panda's yearly charge is purely for black bin. You don't need to pay extra for green/brown. Even if you just buy tags for the black.

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    Can you buy tags separate or do you have to have paid the yearly charge anyway?

Panda are ripping people off right now.
    New customers have to pay a yearly charge and then have to pay for bin tags on top. Customers who have been using Panda for a while just have to pay the yearly charge.

Not exactly enticing for new customers is it? but since alot of areas only have Panda covering them. Not much one can do ... and they know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Customers who have been using Panda for a while just have to pay the yearly charge.

Im with Panda 5 years now and I now pay them a yearly charge(110 I think) and then I get charged by the lift,taken by direct debit every 2 months

Are you seriously telling me all you pay is a yearly charge(110 Euro) then put out your Black Bin as often as you like without further charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

New customers have to pay a yearly charge and then have to pay for bin tags on top. Customers who have been using Panda for a while just have to pay the yearly charge.

Not exactly enticing for new customers is it? but since alot of areas only have Panda covering them. Not much one can do ... and they know this.

LOL I was waiting for the Panda bashing to start...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I'm in Blanch since September. I have not paid panda any money. They take my green bin without any issue and no cost. However they do not take my black or brown bin. I assume they are contractually obliged to take the green bin?

At least in Westmeath I knew where I stood. No service charge but everything needed a tag. I doubt I even spent €110 in a year all in and Panda charge you more for black bin lifts on top of that.
    There also seems to be no competition from what I can tell.

Competition is Oxigen - 20€ per month for fortnightly black and green bin lifts, no brown bin.

Been onto Panda, can tag the black bin without paying the yearly charge. Doing that for next week and then getting them to pick up the bins. Ordered bins from Oxigen last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Competition is Oxigen - 20€ per month for fortnightly black and green bin lifts, no brown bin.

Been onto Panda, can tag the black bin without paying the yearly charge. Doing that for next week and then getting them to pick up the bins. Ordered bins from Oxigen last night.

Sorry January just to clarify,

I can put a black bin out without the yearly charge once it has a tag on it but will they collect the Green bin?

They're still collecting my green bin and the yearly charge should have been paid in April, so I'd think so yes.

When I rang to ask if I could get my bin collected without paying the yearly charge as I'd gone to another company but that one was also full they said that if I put a tag on it'd be collected no problem.

Kev. wrote: »
    Im with Panda 5 years now and I now pay them a yearly charge(110 I think) and then I get charged by the lift,taken by direct debit every 2 months

Are you seriously telling me all you pay is a yearly charge(110 Euro) then put out your Black Bin as often as you like without further charges?

One of my family members recently went with Panda and they were told that "new panda customers have to pay the yearly charge and bin tags - pre-existing customers only have to pay the year charge" ... rip off for new customers.

One of my family members recently went with Panda and they were told that "new panda customers have to pay the yearly charge and bin tags - pre-existing customers only have to pay the year charge" ... rip off for new customers.

That's not true at all. I was with Panda before Fingal gave them the contract and was on the yearly charge and they left it with me for a year, after that I had to pay the yearly charge and the charge per lift also.

Will you please demonstrate to me (and others on here I'm sure) how Panda is a rip-off in your opinion?

It's obvious Panda are a rip off, a yearly charge before Fingal took over and now they've switched to a yearly charge AND a charge per lift! Especially when there's little of no competition in the area. It was a poster here that alerted me to Oxigen being in Tyrrelstown and I rang them to see if they would cover my area which is right by Tyrrelstown and they did. I'll be saving loads by switching to Oxigen, even though it's less collections per year I really don't care as long as I'm not with Panda any more.

Panda took over from Fingal.

Fingal always had an annual charge plus a pay-per-lift.

:confused:

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Panda took over from Fingal.

Fingal always had an annual charge plus a pay-per-lift.

:confused:

Yes, but Panda were about before Fingal handed them the contract for the whole of Dublin 15 and they were much cheaper than Fingal. Once they took over, all their customers, whether they were with Fingal or private customers beforehand, were treated to the price hike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I'm with Panda a good few years now just pay a yearly charge (110 I think) and only 7.50 ish per lift.
    I only put my black bin out once a month so it works out okay for me.

Yes, but Panda were about before Fingal handed them the contract for the whole of Dublin 15 and they were much cheaper than Fingal. Once they took over, all their customers, whether they were with Fingal or private customers beforehand, were treated to the price hike.

I used to be with Fingal and now I'm with Panda, so I can't comment on Panda's rate structure of the past. However, what we're paying at the moment is not much different from what we used to cough up when it was still Fingal.

A price increase is a price increase is not a rip-off. Also, the services which Panda provide are not comparable to the likes of Oxigen for example. Additionally, there are numerous charges applicable to waste management, a lot of which are outside the control of the operator. Bottom line: if Panda's rates don't suit your household's particular demands, then follow January's example and shop around by all means. I'm not saying Panda is the cheapest for all, but they are for us.

It's also not correct to say that "Fingal handed them the contract" as I'm sure you probably know.

• Advertisement

T-Maxx wrote: »
    I used to be with Fingal and now I'm with Panda, so I can't comment on Panda's rate structure of the past. However, what we're paying at the moment is not much different from what we used to cough up when it was still Fingal.

A price increase is a price increase is not a rip-off. Also, the services which Panda provide are not comparable to the likes of Oxigen for example. Additionally, there are numerous charges applicable to waste management, a lot of which are outside the control of the operator. Bottom line: if Panda's rates don't suit your household's particular demands, then follow January's example and shop around by all means. I'm not saying Panda is the cheapest for all, but they are for us.

It's also not correct to say that "Fingal handed them the contract" as I'm sure you probably know.

Fingal handed them the contract much the same as DCC handed their contract to Greyhound, if you can show examples of public tender notices for the same please do, but I never saw any, for either example. Yes, Fingal and DCC got paid for it but did they look for the most cost effective solution?

From Fingal's site:

"Fingal County Council has reached agreement with Panda, for the sale of its residential and commercial waste collection service. The agreement was reached following a competitive sale process involving a number of waste management companies operating in the private sector."

That's not true at all. I was with Panda before Fingal gave them the contract and was on the yearly charge and they left it with me for a year, after that I had to pay the yearly charge and the charge per lift also.

Quite a few of my neighbours dont attach bin tags when they put their black bins out. I can only go what Panda said. They also said they are looking to do away with bin tags "sometime" in the future - take it for whats it's worth but thats what they said.

But t-maxx, do you work for Panda or something? :confused: You seem to be getting quite defensive of them.

My bin has a chip in it so doesn't need a tag.

No I don't work for Panda and I've no connection with them either apart from getting my bins emptied by them. I just hate it when people go around on public forums spreading ill informed / biased opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

My bin has a chip in it so doesn't need a tag.

same here.....no tags just a chip...think it's cheaper than the tags though.

Our bins are chipped as well but we still have to tag it. Apparently the tagless chip system is still being rolled out and is eventually to replace all tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Razorfish

A little bit off topic but what do people think of neighbours paying the yearly charge (€110) and then putting all their general waste into the Green Bin which is collected without the need for a tag.

Panda never check what is in the green bin even though its obvious by looking at the overflowing bins what's in them.

I have two neighbours who do this. They are foreign and rent. I find it slightly irritating regardless if people dislike the charging tags.

Best you could do I suppose is to notify Panda of this behavour with the hope of them following up on it.

TBH I think the bin men are supposed to check each bin before they empty it but how practical that is I don't know.

• Advertisement

Someone dumped general rubbish in my green bin before and Panda wouldn't collect it because of it, received a sticker on my bin and everything.

My bins from Oxigen arrived this morning. Panda collected my full bin this morning too with just a tag and no yearly charge paid.

Advertisement