Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is a Panda bin tag? ... and the green bin doesnt need one right?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'm in D15 for over 10 years now.
    Up till Fingal sold their waste collection to Panda, we used them. It was always an annual fee plus pay per lift via the tag system. This system did not change when Panda took over.

I think B.A. is making things up because as far as I know, there is nobody who doesn't have to put a tag on their bin (unless there is special dispensation for unemployed or something). That's not to say, Panda don't overlook it sometimes.

Anyway, nobody has mentioned City Bin.

We pay an annual fee €80, paid on the drip every month by DD, so we don't have to fork out up front. Green and Brown Bin lifts are free. Black Bin is paid per lift at €6.50. No tag required as the bin is chipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

stevieob wrote: »
    I'm in D15 for over 10 years now.
    Up till Fingal sold their waste collection to Panda, we used them. It was always an annual fee plus pay per lift via the tag system. This system did not change when Panda took over.

I think B.A. is making things up because as far as I know, there is nobody who doesn't have to put a tag on their bin (unless there is special dispensation for unemployed or something). That's not to say, Panda don't overlook it sometimes.

We pay an annual fee €80, paid on the drip every month by DD, so we don't have to fork out up front. Green and Brown Bin lifts are free. Black Bin is paid per lift at €6.50. No tag required as the bin is chipped.

As I posted already I didn't have to put a tag on my bin as it has been chipped. My parents are on a fixed charge payment plan though but only because my dad contacted the owner and sorted a deal with him.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think B.A. is making things up because as far as I know, there is nobody who doesn't have to put a tag on their bin

Please don't be accusing people of making things up if it's only "as far as you know". Like January, I've never had to use a tag since I switched to Panda because the bin has a chip in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I've just signed up with City Bin, €20 each month. Black bin collected every forth night and brown/green bin collected every other week. Can change over to per lift if I give them 14 days notice. Impressed with their customer service so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I've just signed up with City Bin, €20 each month. Black bin collected every forth night and brown/green bin collected every other week. Can change over to per lift if I give them 14 days notice. Impressed with their customer service so far.

They're not everywhere in D15 yet though unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

January wrote: »
    They're not everywhere in D15 yet though unfortunately :(

was just going to say the same thing, even tough i emailed them an request. I doubt they would come into a estate for one household.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

My apologies to those who I offended. Your bin was chipped so you did not need a tag, however, what I meant was that you still had to pay per lift.

BA stated old customers just had to pay an annual fee, but did not have to pay per lift on top of that, but new customers do have to pay per lift.

that is totally untrue as January has already pointed out
    Panda are ripping people off right now.
    New customers have to pay a yearly charge and then have to pay for bin tags on top. Customers who have been using Panda for a while just have to pay the yearly charge.

Not exactly enticing for new customers is it? but since alot of areas only have Panda covering them. Not much one can do ... and they know this.
    One of my family members recently went with Panda and they were told that "new panda customers have to pay the yearly charge and bin tags - pre-existing customers only have to pay the year charge" ... rip off for new customers.

Advertisement