Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I need to do while working a 3 month contract

Options
  • 25-05-2013 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I just start a 3 month contract role with an almost guaranteed full time extension at the end. I'm currently giving my boss an invoice at the end of the month with my wages for the month which he pays directly into my bank account.

I'm pretty clueless with what I need to do now, is it just tax & prsi I have to pay on that? Where would be the best place to sort all of this out and does anyone think I should just do nothing for the 3 months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Are you with a management company, or did you set up as a limited company or sole trader?

In any case, an accountant should be able to advise you on what you need to do, and take care of it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 renegade909

It's a management company, I haven't set anything up for myself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

By 'management company' I'd assume starWave is referring to an umbrella company type set-up, you submit time-sheets and or invoices to the management company, they send invoices to your boss. The management company will then pay you, less tax PRSI etc etc etc.

If you're not operating through a management/umbrella company, go and talk to an accountant.

None of this applies if your boss is already looking after your tax/PRSI, as you're then essentially a temporary employee.

Advertisement