Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help hire for a job I want?

Options
  • 25-05-2013 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

So I'm keen to break into a new area in work. It's an area that interests me, but I have no experience in the area. I started work with a new place, the idea being I work in my current area for them, and then they give me the chance to gain the experience in the new area.

A position will be opening soon in the area I'm interested in. I was asked if I could recommend anyone for the position.

My plan is to help, and recommend someone but I also need to look out for myself as well. To be clear at the moment I do not have the experience to qualify for the position as is, but at the same time I'd like to see myself there long term.

Anyone have any thoughts, or comments based on their own experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

What excatly do you need to do in terms of training, experience etc to do for the position yourself? Tell your company you want the job and give them a proposal of how you could train up for it. Even if you don't get it, it marks your interest.

Advertisement