Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CarPhoneWarehouse - Repair Issue

Options
  • 25-05-2013 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

I left in my phone to be fixed as it would not read the sim card.

Phone is under warranty

I received it back today with "mechanical part replaced" but it still has the same fault.

I was looking here http://www.nca.ie/nca/faulty-goods

"Repair
    If you request a repair of a faulty product instead of rejecting it, it should be a permanent repair. If the same fault occurs again, then you should be entitled to a replacement or refund. If you are not happy with the retailer’s offer to repair the item, you can reject it. But if you do this, you may have to use the Small Claims process if you want to take the matter further"

Am I entitled to a replacement rather than being without my phone again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You are entitled to reject any further repair, if you so wish, as the initial repair wasn't permanent. This leaves you with the options of refund or replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

dudara wrote: »
    You are entitled to reject any further repair, if you so wish, as the initial repair wasn't permanent. This leaves you with the options of refund or replacement.

Thanks for the advice.

Its a contract bill phone so it could be awkward for a refund, a replacement would be ideal so I'm not without it.

I'm going to ring them at 16:00 so i'll let you know how I get on

Called CPH, I should be able to get a replacement later on today.

Good customer service so far:)

Just an update

I called into CPH and they were very helpful and offered me €150 of store credit towards any bill pay phone. The €150 was the price I had paid for my previous phone.

I got the Xperia Z using this.

Great customer service.

Advertisement