Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ClLEANING UP DOG PEE FROM CARPET

• 25-05-2013 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭

My elderly Dogue de Bordeaux sometimes pees on the carpet - just did. And i've a feeling that you can clear it up with bicarbonate of soda and vinegar or some such... there was a thread that dealt with it recently but I can't find it. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Bicarb will do it, or else clean up the pee with a little biological soap. It'll get rid of the smell and discourage the dog from going in the same spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I've also read white vinegar will cover up the scent, although your house may smell like a chip shop!!

Forgot to add: When you've cleaned up, sprinkle a little bicarb on the carpet and leave for a while. Then vacuum it up. Acts as a deodorant...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭snoman

Forgot to add: When you've cleaned up, sprinkle a little bicarb on the carpet and leave for a while. Then vacuum it up. Acts as a deodorant...

Do i let the cleaned spot dry before putting on the bicarb? Thanks.

snoman wrote: »
    Do i let the cleaned spot dry before putting on the bicarb? Thanks.

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

A solution of bio washing detergent and warm water should do the trick - you shouldn't need anything else, but a sprinkling of bicarb on the area once it has dried wouldn't hurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Try and soak up as much as you can with kitchen paper. It takes a bit of patience but then you should treat the area with 50% vinegar 50% water solution, rub it in a little and also soak that up with kitchen paper. When it dries, rub in some bread soda, leave for a while, then hoover it up.

Advertisement