Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Smith on Graham Norton

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Prof Nincom Poop Ph.D

Havent seen it yet - is it any good
    yea, give it a look, only 6 minutes, well within the limit of "Fcuk that, that's to long"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Norton is a great presenter, he's just cheeky enough to get away with murder. Their guest booker is fantastic too - not just big names, but really good combos of guests that play off each other really well.

I'd never have expected Catherine Tate and 50 Cent to bro it up, but it was great.

That's exactly it, the trio or more of guests usually play off each other brilliantly, instead of sitting there waiting for their turn. We tend to ship anyone with a modicum of talent off to the UK to become successful and keep the dregs here on a massive wage, boggles the mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

krudler wrote: »
    That's exactly it, the trio or more of guests usually play off each other brilliantly, instead of sitting there waiting for their turn. We tend to ship anyone with a modicum of talent off to the UK to become successful and keep the dregs here on a massive wage, boggles the mind.

The episode with Will I Am and that semi crazy lady Miriam Margoyles was comedy genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Watching that show, and then looking at the turribleness of the chatshows here is pretty depressing. I mean... it might as well come from a different universe as Tubridy. Not just in the production values, but in how Graham reacts to guests. You know... like he's met humans before.
    The episode with Will I Am and that semi crazy lady Miriam Margoyles was comedy genuis.

I genuinely thought I was going to pass out with the laughing from the "I'm one of those!", I couldn't breathe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

We tend to ship anyone with a modicum of talent off to the UK to become successful and keep the dregs here on a massive wage, boggles the mind.

Very true. Even down to the Irish reporters working for the likes of the BBC, Bloomberg, Channel 4 and Sky News ect. No chance they'd even get a job with RTE, probably because they're much too talented/professional.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

Nortons "starstruckness" every week is starting to bug me.

Have a look around for a thing called the remote control and give it a try sometime. A most useful invention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

No matter how good his son is at dancing, he just couldn't quite look as ridiculous as the other three doing that dance...

You kinda had to be there!

Hands up who danced like that in the past...

o/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I watched maybe 30 seconds coz the kid really annoyed me. Is it actually worth watching the rest??

You didnt watch the rest, but yet you had time to post about it? Is your time that precious or are you really that lazy?

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

Very entertaining piece of television , highly enjoyable . Don't watch Norton show on a regular basis but kudos to the show for pulling this off . Great publicity for both parties .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Supraman wrote: »
    Very entertaining piece of television , highly enjoyable . Don't watch Norton show on a regular basis but kudos to the show for pulling this off . Great publicity for both parties .

He did mention that his last time on the show doing the fresh prince rap got 8M hits on youtube. He was clever enough to see the potential. Really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

FearDark wrote: »
    You didnt watch the rest, but yet you had time to post about it? Is your time that precious or are you really that lazy?

Jesus wept.

Did you not see that I did infact watch the rest after a few people said to watch it? I wouldn't have otherwise - That kid was really annoying like!
    My time isn't particularly precious no, but yes, infact I am just that lazy!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

It should be illegal for one person to have that much talent. He's probably used the quota of a hundred others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

iamstop wrote: »
    The track at the end, for anyone who cares:
    http://youtu.be/vQObWW06VAM

It's a Sugarhill Gang version of a track that Michael Viner's Incredible Bongo Band did
    http://youtu.be/WY-Z6wm6TMQ

That was a cover of a Shadow track called Apache.
    http://youtu.be/QhIs1k8yuPU

And for good measure here is another version by Rod Hunter played on the Moog:
    http://youtu.be/nEy0nQUVmk4[/QUOTE]

You forgot to link to the origin of the joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

for anyone who didnt see him doing it the first time.

The guest selection is done so well on the show..

50cent and Catherine Tate was brilliant.

Enjoyed John Bishop and Nicki Minaj too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

They're clearly very liberal with the vino in the green room, remember how pissed Mark Wahlberg was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Norton is a very charismatic host, blows enough smoke up the guests as$ so they open up and he can get away with a few more risqué questions. He's also very charming and funny- which DLB isn't. Ross was too keen to be part of the joke, Norton happy to set it up.

It's a long way from Bring Me The Head of Light Entertainment, but he deserves it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Prof Nincom Poop Ph.D

garv123 wrote: »
    I don't think guest selection is deliberate, it's someone that's pedalling their movie, song, tv show, run or whatever that week and then a "comedian" that some weeks ruins it by trying to be funny.

Best ep ever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I don't think guest selection is deliberate, it's someone that's pedalling their movie, song, tv show, run or whatever that week and then a "comedian" that some weeks ruins it by trying to be funny.

Best ep ever...

Funny thing was when I saw that guest list I was v underwhelmed. Show was brilliant though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

efb wrote: »
    Norton is a very charismatic host, blows enough smoke up the guests as$ so they open up and he can get away with a few more risqué questions.

Clearest example of questions he gets away with off the top of my head was asking Nancy Dell'Olio out straight "What exactly is it that you do" and being prepared to ask again when she didn't answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

While it was good.... It wasn't "the best thing ever!" Went onto facebook the next morning and every second person had posted the clip!

Seriously people! All it was was a few actors doing something that they did before! I laughed, thought it was funny but kept thinking that it would have been class if more of the cast made an appearance!

And what was the story with Carlton? Did they just fly him over to do the dance? He went straight backstage after the dance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

its obviously a generational thing, cos i thought... meh! i was in my twenties in the 90s, fresh prince didnt really register with me then, come to think of it nothing did at all!! yikes.. to be young again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

dfx- wrote: »
    Clearest example of questions he gets away with off the top of my head was asking Nancy Dell'Olio out straight "What exactly is it that you do" and being prepared to ask again when she didn't answer.

erm she's a lawyer. so he was stupid that time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Graham Norton vs. The late late show:

Embarassing for tubs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Very funny, Will Smith is just a born entertainer, & apart from exuding charisma & talent, the chap just doesn't seem to age!

The absolute best thing in the world his son could do is break away from his side. I know Will is just trying to give him the best start as possible with this movie thing & all, but if he's ever to be taken seriously he'll have to make it on his own. To fill the shoes of, or even equal Will Smith performance wise, is a tall task. He's trying to fill some very big shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

EnterNow wrote: »
    Very funny, Will Smith is just a born entertainer, & apart from exuding charisma & talent, the chap just doesn't seem to age!

The absolute best thing in the world his son could do is break away from his side. I know Will is just trying to give him the best start as possible with this movie thing & all, but if he's ever to be taken seriously he'll have to make it on his own. To fill the shoes of, or even equal Will Smith performance wise, is a tall task. He's trying to fill some very big shoes.

Jaden was annoying more than anything in the video.. Copied everything will did like when will was making hand signals to the crowd saying it wasnt all jaden did the exact same. Looked like a kid on stage who doesnt know what to do so copies the person next to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

garv123 wrote: »
    Jaden was annoying more than anything in the video.. Copied everything will did like when will was making hand signals to the crowd saying it wasnt all jaden did the exact same. Looked like a kid on stage who doesnt know what to do so copies the person next to him.

Yeah he needs to learn to walk before he can run. As someone mentioned above, he couldn't even begin to look at silly as the others in the LA Dance thing

The episode with Will I Am and that semi crazy lady Miriam Margoyles was comedy genius.

Can you imagine someone saying, "I've never sat so close to a black person" on an American chat show? I almost wee'd myself laughing through that.

Also I may have gleed with joy when jump on it came on. Do you think his son understands how iconic his father *actually* is?

I loved watching Heather Graham (I think her name is?) just rocking out in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

I personally love the 50 cent catherine tate episode :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

efb wrote: »
    He's also very charming and funny- which DLB isn't. Ross was too keen to be part of the joke, Norton happy to set it up.

Who's DLB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

whiterob81 wrote: »
    Who's DLB?
    Ryan Tubridy - Dainty Little Bugger
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Late_Late_Show_(season_48)#Rhys_Ifans_and_Howard_Marks

Yeah WS is cool but I really wish he'd stop pimping that annoying little tw@t Jaden.

Advertisement