Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel prices in Longford town

Options
  • 25-05-2013 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Why is diesel 1.49 in all the stations in the town and when you go outside it drops to circa 1.45/6???:rolleyes: Not saying it is but IMO looks like a bit of price fixing going on, or are oil companies discriminating against Longford with their prices??

I think more people should get fuel outside of the town until their prices are on par .....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Obro

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Why is diesel 1.49 in all the stations in the town and when you go outside it drops to circa 1.45/6???:rolleyes: Not saying it is but IMO looks like a bit of price fixing going on, or are oil companies discriminating against Longford with their prices??

I think more people should get fuel outside of the town until their prices are on par .....

I'd rather pay a little more to the big stations who are company owned and can only sell company supplied fuel rather than going out of town to the smaller ones who can buy washed diesel from wherever and nobody to monitor them. The company owned stations tanks can be read from head office thus stamping out the chance of selling dodgy fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Without getting into a debate about washed diesel, i'm comparing prices to other big stations outside Longford in other towns etc. It seems on average Longford is the most expensive around the midlands. All the stations in the town are all the exact same price too, maybe a coincidence? Seems to be a recent phenomina in Longford.

Look at the big busy Texaco station in Ballinalack, it averages at 145/6 a litre. Even in Carrick on Shannon i could get petrol 4 cent cheaper at Topaz when i had my petrol car...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Obro

Micky 32 wrote: »

If there is any price fixing then its been done by the oil companies as acccording to one filing station owner that I asked yesterday evening, the prices are set by the oil company head office but you could be right in what you say.

Advertisement