Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuffed breast of Lamb

Options
  • 25-05-2013 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I picked up a stuffed breast of lamb in the butchers recently and was going to cook it tomorrow or Monday and I'm just wondering how long to cook it for? It's a small piece, enough maybe for 3-4 people.

Would appreciate any cooking times, tips etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Breast of lamb is a cut that needs slow cooking so I'd cook it for about 2 hours at 180c. If you think it's going too brown you could cover it for the last half hour.
    I'd put a rub of olive oil, chopped rosemary and crushed garlic all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Our local butcher does them too. He said to cook for an hour - which is what we do and it turns out great

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'd give it about 2 and a half hours at about 150ish.

Brown it quickly on a pan and then into a pre-heated oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'd also go long and slow.
    150 for 2-3 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 sachieauckland

1 hour is enough for it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It needs at least 25 mins per lb (including stuffing) +25 over so enough to feed 4/5 people, you're looking at atleast 100 minutes at 180c to stop the middle from still being cold. But it will be pretty tough at that heat.

drop the heat by 30c and cook for another hour and and it will make the world of difference with a cut like breast of lamb.

Advertisement