Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

android or windows phone

Options
  • 25-05-2013 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭

Hi after having a Sony Ericsson xperia arc that my fantastic network operator decided was equivalent to a galaxy ace when I claimed off there insurance I decided to terminate my insurance with them but it still am left with the rubbish ace. So I want to change to a reasonably priced phone so as not to get tied into a contract with said network operator and I have been looking at the Sony Ericsson xperia j and Nokia lumia 800, I'm familiar with and happy with the android platform but like he look and feel of the Nokia! How does windows phone stack up to the android?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Honest answer from personal usage.

Windows phone, lot less apps, less customisation than android, but I think they are nice phones to use, easy to get used to, link well with PCs as far as I can tell all the most popular apps are on windows phone now. I must admit I do like it.

Only think I would say about you choice the Lumia 800 is last years phone, the gf has one since Christmas and its been perfect , but I would be looking at this years range , depending on funds , the 620, 720 and 820 are good phones, the 920 is the real high end . I find the build quality of the nokias to be great.

I would be looking at the 620 and 720 personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Have used both and Android wins hands down in every department.

I've a HTC One and it's by far and away the best smartphone ever made, looks fantastic and is blazing fast and smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Do NOT get a windows phone. They are terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Switched back to android after having a lumia 800.
    Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I've had both. Windows for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Thanks everyone for the reply's I think it's pretty conclusive then that it should be android.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

If you really want a Windows Phone, spend the extra money and get the Lumia 820, which is about €400 or so. But it comes with LTE and NFC, as well as a 16gb memory and 8MP camera.

Don't get the Lumia 800, it's last years model and is riddled with problems and basically forgotten by Nokia now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the reply's I think it's pretty conclusive then that it should be android.

I think what you'll find is people who like Android will say Android and people who like Windows Phone will say windows phone, the real problem here is that you don't have the ability to make up your own mind and pick a phone that's suits you.

Off to make dinner now but not before I make a thread on should I pick Chicken or Pork? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

AntiVirus wrote: »
    I think what you'll find is people who like Android will say Android and people who like Windows Phone will say windows phone, the real problem here is that you don't have the ability to make up your own mind and pick a phone that's suits you.

Off to make dinner now but not before I make a thread on should I pick Chicken or Pork? :confused:
    Well I did say I was happy with the android platform and the real question was how does windows stack up to android which has been answered I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭simi956

There is a demo site to try on your Android Device to see how Windows Phone looks, http://aka.ms/wpdemo

Advertisement