Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bohernabreena

Options
  • 25-05-2013 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi lads.Does anyone know how bohernabreena is fishing.I haven,t fished it in years and was thinking about giving it a lash tomorrow.Do they still stock it with rainbows?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Rainbows and browns
    Top lake I think is just browns with wild lads in it aswell but smaller ones aswell
    Don't forget the licence

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭rtc

Thanks for the reply dodderangler.Have you fished it recently?

Been meaning to go more but Havint gotten around since march.
    Had 3 nice rainbows about 2 lb and a nice wild brown on top lake
    This time of year water is way down and makes fishing it more difficult but more productive if you get in the right areas

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭delux

Was up there a couple of weeks ago but the water was too high. It was hard to get a good spot to fish. Didnt catch anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

was at Bohernabreena yesterday. The lower lake is very high, so you could only fish from the North bank.

There was a lot of litter there, which is very disappointing.

Does anyone know what flies fish well there this time of year?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭zacmorris

Slasher wrote: »
    was at Bohernabreena yesterday. The lower lake is very high, so you could only fish from the North bank.

There was a lot of litter there, which is very disappointing.

Does anyone know what flies fish well there this time of year?

Thanks.

if in doubt up there, no matter what the conditions are- a black wooly bugger works every time for me. Preferably a gold head.

zacmorris wrote: »
    if in doubt up there, no matter what the conditions are- a black wooly bugger works every time for me. Preferably a gold head.
    Or a black gold head fritz
    I'd use that lad most of the year on all lakes if there's rainbow about

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

Yeah, I haven't fished it many years but, when I was, any rainbows I spooned would be "full to the gills" with snails... So I always had the Black & Peacock spider on the leader
    http://www.wheretofishinireland.com/home/index.php?id=90

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

I went to Bohernabreena on Monday morning and was shocked by the amount of litter strewn around the place. It seems the knackers were there in force over the weekend.

Bottles, cans, wrappers, a used nappy (yuch!), T-shirts, shoes. Some stuff was just thrown in the water. There are a couple of litter bins there which were not full.

What is wrong with people? There were photos on other websites of litter left on beaches and other public places over the weekend. Apparently Brittas Bay beach was a mess. i don't understand how so many people can be so careless. Do they think it's the Council's job to clean up after them?

As I was leaving Bohernabreena about 11 am on Monday, there were groups of about 30 young people heading up there.

So, I guess angling will be out of the question until the schools re-open, or the weather breaks.

Was up there for a walk today and place was clean but still full of idiots
    In the first lake there was load if lads and girls jumpin off the pier
    Clear as day sign saying NO SWIMMING
    Plenty of people have drowned there in the past
    Fcukin eejits

• Advertisement
Advertisement