Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping in wicklow - advise please

Options
  • 25-05-2013 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

So I'm looking for some suggestions of areas on the wicklow way that are suitable for camping but I have a few requirements and would love some suggestions from people who have stayed in the area before.
    Requirements:
    Suitable for two children (not somewhere young lads hang out)
    Be able to park the car very close by
    Possibly suitable for dogs
    Nice scenery & even better if there was the option of fishing.

Thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

If you look up hidden valley and river valley, both I'd recommend for family camping. They both allow dogs too. Hidden valley (if I remember the correct one) has crazy golf and kids activities etc.

I'm looking for the opposite this time. Somewhere quiet and hidden away. Thinking of wild camping next weekend. Will be watching this thread with interest. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Hidden Valley is supposed to be excellent. I'm going there next weekend with the kids.
    River Valley is lovely too - you park beside your tent and dogs are allowed on leads. There's a nice walk beside the site to bring him out too.
    There is a lake nearby these too for fishing - not sure where exactly though.

Nore Valley is a grand site as well - you can park beside the tents too. It's right beside the Nore river so plenty of fishing. There are activities for the kids on site as well as a pet farm.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Just back from a great weekend in Hidden valley. To call it the sunny southeast would be understating it! Just incredible weather.

Highly recommend HV for families with kids, well run by really nice people.

(no connection, happy customer etc.)

Advertisement