Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook & Messenger App's

• 25-05-2013 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if any of you could help. I have both the normal FB and the messenger apps. Anytime I get a PM on FB it comes through on both apps.

I'd like to set it up that only the messenger app notifies me for PM's and the regular FB app notifies for everything else.

There were setting on the FB app on what push notifications to give and I turned off messages but it still came through on the phone so I'm at a loss.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭shanec1928

only happened to me in the last few days as well. very annoying having to keep going in to both to get rid of the notification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Maybe just switch off chat in the FB app then? Or am I thinking to simple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

flyguy wrote: »
    Maybe just switch off chat in the FB app then? Or am I thinking to simple?

Chat itself is actually off. It's the notifications on inbox messages keep coming through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

There is actually a notifications panel in the FB app afaik that let's you pick and choose what you want to be notified of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

DubDJ wrote: »
    There is actually a notifications panel in the FB app afaik that let's you pick and choose what you want to be notified of.

Yep I tried that as well. Turned off notifications for messages but they still come through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Herrick wrote: »
    Yep I tried that as well. Turned off notifications for messages but they still come through.

Sounds like a bug. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Or turn push notifications on and off for the Facebook app.

Advertisement