Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog bite

• 25-05-2013 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭

I was out walking my dog and a boxer dog comes out and bites right through his ear. The people that own the dog normally have the gate closed.

Are boxer dogs knowing for doing this kind of thing. She I report the dog?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jackpension

Yes. Report it. I would suggest going to the guards.

I am sick and tired of useless owners letting their dogs lose and getting into fights. They deserve what is coming their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

cena wrote: »
    I was out walking my dog and a boxer dog comes out and bites right through his ear. The people that own the dog normally have the gate closed.

I know of 2 boxers and both are very hyper dogs. Very playfull . Was boxer playing hard or was it aggressive ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭cena

I know of 2 boxers and both are very hyper dogs. Very playfull . Was boxer playing hard or was it aggressive ?

They weren't playing at all. We where walking past the house when the boxer came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jackpension

You should report to avoid the same happening to others

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Ms Snoutly wrote: »
    Yes. Report it and ensure it is destroyed before it savages a child

Ignorant statement to make. Boxers are generally playful and placid. You don't know the context or exactly what happened. Yes the owner should not have let the dog roam, but like the OP says the gate is usually closed. Maybe the boxer slipped out of the house by accident. Destroying the dog is over the top IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

There is a guy with two boxers that I meet while walking and one of them growls and lunges at my dog when they get near.

Now I move out off the path or cross the road to avoid them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Does the owner of the boxer know what happened? Did your guy need vet treatment? If he did I hope the owner of the other dog paid for it?

To be honest, I think my next move would be determined by the actions of the owners of the boxer. If they accidentally let the dog out, are sorry it happened, pay for your dogs treatment and you are satisfied it was a once off that wont happen I'd be inclined to leave it at that. Accidents can happen.

If they're not so nice about it and you're worried it might happen again, I'd report it.

Whispered wrote: »
    Does the owner of the boxer know what happened? Did your guy need vet treatment? If he did I hope the owner of the other dog paid for it?

To be honest, I think my next move would be determined by the actions of the owners of the boxer. If they accidentally let the dog out, are sorry it happened, pay for your dogs treatment and you are satisfied it was a once off that wont happen I'd be inclined to leave it at that. Accidents can happen.

If they're not so nice about it and you're worried it might happen again, I'd report it.

The bite went right through his ear.
    I know of one of the family. She is a friendly person. She did come out to try and get the dog back in but it was too strong for her. She called her two brothers and they came out to pull the dog off mine.

The girl has since facebooked me asking how he is. etc. They have since put there dog in the shed and has since explained that they where only home and that is why the gate was left open. I see it as an accident. They always have the gate closed when I walk pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm really glad she checked he's ok. Maybe you could let them know you need to have the dog seen by a vet. They should offer to pay, I know I would anyway. They probably got such a fright they will make sure it never happens again.

How is your dog now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 bus_driver

I got bitten by a boxer ( bitch ) two weeks ago , was looking at her pups which the owners had for sale , went on a course of anti biotics just in case , hand still sore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I used to have Boxer Yes they are aggressive when it comes to Dogs..

but very friendly with humans and children

Whispered wrote: »
    I'm really glad she checked he's ok. Maybe you could let them know you need to have the dog seen by a vet. They should offer to pay, I know I would anyway. They probably got such a fright they will make sure it never happens again.

How is your dog now?

I told her he went to the vet. It only costing 15 euro for what the vet did
    Ya I would say they got a fright and they well make sure it doesn't happen again.

He is feeling sorry for himself. but fine other wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Cork24 wrote: »
    I used to have Boxer Yes they are aggressive when it comes to Dogs..

but very friendly with humans and children

Are you seriously saying that all Boxer's are dog aggressive but not human aggressive? You can't say that about any breed of dog, it depends on the individual dog.

OP of all the boxers I have met they are all energetic goofballs and not aggressive at all. Hope your dog is ok and I hope they cover any vet fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

My young Italian Spinone was attacked very seriously by a boxer three weeks ago. Luckily the breed have unusually thick skin or he would have been badly injured. As he is young he did not fight back.

However it was completely the owners fault. You can't blame the dog when the owner is clearly irresponsible. I have told this 'owner' what will happen next should this dog be out roaming again. She started crying.

Last weekend I met up with friends at a show who have well behaved social boxers and the dogs all had a great time playing.

Don't tar breeds with a bad name because of irresponsible people who should not have dogs they can't control.

Advertisement