Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick "The Gathering" events

• 25-05-2013 6:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

What things on on in Limerick for the gathering?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

They're still searching the Planet and the international space station looking for someone, anyone who wants to come back to Limwreck.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Personally I would have liked to have seen a Richard Harris event with a number of his films being shown over the span of a weekend or week, with a big push to try and attract his son Jared and/or Russell Crowe to be guest speakers.

Films could have been a mix of his big films and some where he had less screen time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

To be fair I can see why some would be sceptical of the Gathering tag as many of the big Gathering events are ones that are on every year. I think slapping the Gathering tag onto events like the Great Limerick Run, Riverfest, the Patricks day parade etc was a little uninspired and very dull.

The big annual events should have been left as they were (maybe advertised as reasons to come to Limerick but not being the biggest things on the Gathering list) with a few equally big once off "Gathering year" events ran in other months.

No harm was down either, but I do think that maybe some good opportunities were lost.

There have been some cracking smaller Gathering events around the country though, and think it is fair to say that some have been a great success.

Advertisement