Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog wont stop humping

• 25-05-2013 7:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47

I recently took in an adult dog who isn't neutred and he is extremely horny :eek:

while I do intend to get him neutred , im wondering if this will stop him courting everything from my leg to his mat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It may or may not - if he's gotten into a habit of doing it neutering mightn't make any difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Neutering will take away the hormonal urge to hump, if he still does it you just have to break the cycle, if you see him about to do it, distract him. Squeaky toys, dropping keys, clapping, then call him over and praise him for coming over, a quick game of tug, rub or throw a ball, whatever.
    Breaking this habit will be much easier once he's neutered, give it a month or so for the hormones to drop, then he should be fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 bus_driver

mymo wrote: »
    Neutering will take away the hormonal urge to hump, if he still does it you just have to break the cycle, if you see him about to do it, distract him. Squeaky toys, dropping keys, clapping, then call him over and praise him for coming over, a quick game of tug, rub or throw a ball, whatever.
    Breaking this habit will be much easier once he's neutered, give it a month or so for the hormones to drop, then he should be fine.

I rattle a bottle of coins but he keeps returning to this activity , I think hes lonely , he came from a place where their was a lot of other dogs , hes six so I realise neutering may not put a stop to long standing habbits

regarding toys , I have a few balls but he has no interest in them , perhaps he is too old for toys or just doesn't like balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

What breed is he?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 bus_driver

Chucken wrote: »
    What breed is he?

sorry , not answering any more questions on this forum , was accused of being dodgy on another thread related to same dog

thanks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

bus_driver wrote: »
    sorry , not answering any more questions on this forum , was accused of being dodgy on another thread related to same dog

thanks anyway

Bus driver, I think you picked the other poster up the wrong way on the other thread. They were not, that I could see, talking about you.
    That aside, if you have a problem with a post, report it. Please do not take on to deal with it yourself.
    Do not reply to this post on thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Advertisement