Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese style tattoos in Munster area?

Options
  • 25-05-2013 8:49pm
    Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Hello Everyone,

Im looking for a tattoo artist who is good at Japanese style tattoos. i would prefer limerick/clare but will travel for the right person

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

For the right person, take a look at Chris Crooks in Belfast! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

And then take a look at his waiting list..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

If you like the Japanese style, he's well worth the wait tbh. Gives you time to save for the tattoo. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Chris Crooks is awesome to be fair!! However if you do want to stay local go to Ross Nagle in Allstar Tattoo in Limerick!! his japanese work is brilliant also!!! you wont go wrong with Ross!!

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Thanks for the info folks, I might talk to ross nagel, he did my last piece.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

After looking at Chris Crooks work, im going to bite the bullet and get a Chris to do it, a long wait but well worth it. its goin to be a 3/4 koi sleeve so want the best i can get.

Anyone a idea of Chris Crooks hourly rate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

imurdaddy wrote: »
    After looking at Chris Crooks work, im going to bite the bullet and get a Chris to do it, a long wait but well worth it. its goin to be a 3/4 koi sleeve so want the best i can get.

Anyone a idea of Chris Crooks hourly rate?

I think he charges around 100 sterling an hour, maybe 120.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Follow White Dragon on FB, and keep an eye out for guest spots, Chris gets in great artists, mostly from East Tattoo, I should know, got a full sleeve and chest plate from Ching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonzo_k

Chris Crookes will be charging £140 ( Sterling ) per hour in 2014. I have an appointment in early 2015 so hopefully it will not have gone up anymore by then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I saw on Facebook today that Paul Aherne is looking to do more Japanese tattoos.
    Might be worth considering!

rc0lcg.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Bob goes to hol

£140, that's unbelievable, when I got my sleeve done in 2011/12 it was £100 an hour. Chris has gone mad for power.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

£140, that's unbelievable, when I got my sleeve done in 2011/12 it was £100 an hour. Chris has gone mad for power.

Mad for power:confused: Supply and demand ;) all top quality artists charge big prices and if you want that style Chris is certainly worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Gintonious wrote: »
    Follow White Dragon on FB, and keep an eye out for guest spots, Chris gets in great artists, mostly from East Tattoo, I should know, got a full sleeve and chest plate from Ching.

i hear that.absolutely raging with myself that i passed on the opportunity to get work done by chang from East Tattoo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

They are regulars now, at least once or twice a year they will be over.

Moving away myself in 2 weeks but I am thinking of a nice trip to Taiwan maybe to get my other sleeve and left chest done, unless they drop over to Vancouver, which could well happen as they are going to Montreal this year.

Advertisement