Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First tattoo, design ideas?

Options
  • 25-05-2013 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Have my first tattoo booked in for Wednesday, I know the basic design I'd like but was just wondering if anyone would be willing to give any recommendations on how to improve it at all. Getting the artist (Kris-Wildcat Ink) to draw up some sketches but would also like other people's idea's on it.

This is the basic design but looks slightly girly, any ideas on how to man it up a bit would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Gary_dunne wrote: »
    Have my first tattoo booked in for Wednesday, I know the basic design I'd like but was just wondering if anyone would be willing to give any recommendations on how to improve it at all. Getting the artist (Kris-Wildcat Ink) to draw up some sketches but would also like other people's idea's on it.

This is the basic design but looks slightly girly, any ideas on how to man it up a bit would be greatly appreciated.

I agree it does look a little girly

I don't know how it could be made more manly.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Gary_dunne

topcatcbr wrote: »
    I agree it does look a little girly

I don't know how it could be made more manly.

Ye I know it and that bothers me a bit, seen this adaptation of it by one artist, think it looks better but not a huge fan of the shading that's been used..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I don't think it's particularly girly at all tbh. The thick black lines and block of black colour make it more manly than girly IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Lads have tattoos of angels and flowers and its not Girly one bit
    Each to their own and a tattoo is how you make of it
    Just remember its for life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I personally don't find it a bit girly.

What is it a symbol of or is it just a tribal type swirl?

Considering I don't find it feminine, but seeing as you do perhaps sharpening the points on it and making it more jagged? Or have the outside curves thick with thin tapering lines at the end of the swirls? Not sure how much sense I'm making without a picture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    I personally
    don't find it a bit girly.

What is it a symbol of or is it just a tribal type swirl?

Considering I don't find it feminine, but seeing as you do perhaps
    sharpening the points on it and making it more jagged? Or have the
    outside curves thick with thin tapering lines at the end of the swirls?
    Not sure how much sense I'm making without a picture.

It looks like a rose in a tribal style to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Looks like a bit like a treble clef to me? I'd probably think that's what it's supposed to be at least...

100px-Music-GClef.svg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Gary_dunne

No it's not a treble-clef although, people have said that to me before. It's an African symbol, that I came across while in Zambia with my school years ago. It means a lot to me personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Well hello stranger!!! :D

Long time since we've had an "Amazingemmet special" round these parts! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 carrycash

I think make tattoo which have such a meaning or which suite your personality and represent your nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Worked on this for a bit, if you end up using it I'd appreciate if I was compensated for my time. Manliest as I could make it, given the girly overtones of the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I was on Pinterest last night and apparently this is the symbol for Hakuna Matata, now that could be complete and utter codswallop...

http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=hakuna%20matata%20tattoo&rs=ac&len=6

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Prodigious wrote: »
    Worked on this for a bit, if you end up using it I'd appreciate if I was compensated for my time. Manliest as I could make it, given the girly overtones of the whole thing.

Is this so that you can pay back the creators of the clip art you've used? :pac:

Apparently, it is the Hakuna matata symbol, if you google image search the image, that comes up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Prodigious wrote: »

Are you serious?

Copying and pasting a few clip art images and expecting compensation for it.

Your compensation is that Im not banning you from the forum for asking for money for that piece of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Does no one on here appreciate humour no? It was clearly a joke? :D I dunno lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 minihey

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Are you serious?

Copying and pasting a few clip art images and expecting compensation for it.

Your compensation is that Im not banning you from the forum for asking for money for that piece of crap.

Pretty sure it was a joke bro.

Advertisement