Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finally time to nip my Foundation problem in the bud!

• 25-05-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

I've been trying all sorts of foundations - brands and types, since I was about 13, and am now 25 and still haven't found one that works for me. I suppose I have combination skin - It's quite dry on my forehead and right down the bridge of my nose and the nose itself, my chin is quite oily, and my cheeks are fine. Usually I can have my skin pretty even with a good clay mask and my primer, but no amount of foundation seems to be able to stay, if it even goes on properly to begin with! The only foundation I ever used that seemed to give me even coverage was the old Max Factor Pan sticks (not seen any around since) and my next favourite is Vichy's Dermablend (which covers well if I use quite a lot, and completely prep my face for about half an hour beforehand - and it's quite pricey).

Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for something with similar coverage to a pan stick but that looks more natural, like the Dermablend? I've tried BB creams, liquid foundation, powders, moisturisers, compact foundations and more! :o

Comments

Have you tried benefit playstick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I have similar skin to you and I use No.7 stay perfect foundation, its medium coverage but can be built up to full without that caked look.

Its about €20 in Boots but they'll give you a sample of it before buying. I know when I went in for advice on foundation they used a machine thingy to tell my skin type and colour and the machine then recommended three different colours to try and the first colour (warm ivory) is perfect for me. Its the same as my own skin colour.

The lady gave me a sample which lasted about a week and I can definitely say I've never found a foundation more perfect for my skin. It doesn't budge all day (I apply make up around 6am and take it off about 7-8pm).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I have similar skin to you and I use No.7 stay perfect foundation, its medium coverage but can be built up to full without that caked look.

Its about €20 in Boots but they'll give you a sample of it before buying. I know when I went in for advice on foundation they used a machine thingy to tell my skin type and colour and the machine then recommended three different colours to try and the first colour (warm ivory) is perfect for me. Its the same as my own skin colour.

The lady gave me a sample which lasted about a week and I can definitely say I've never found a foundation more perfect for my skin. It doesn't budge all day (I apply make up around 6am and take it off about 7-8pm).

I dont wear it very often, but I would if I had it, and that sounds a bit more affordable! Will definitely take a trip into Boots and look into it, as the last time I used No.7 was about 7 or 8 years ago!

Never heard of the benefit one. Can it be bought in a shop, or is it online only? Id much prefer to try it!

ShaShaBear wrote: »

Never heard of the benefit one. Can it be bought in a shop, or is it online only? Id much prefer to try it!

Yeh can be bought in most department stores and some of the bigger boots stores. It's like a panstick, really nice smooth coverage. Bobby Brown do a really good stick foundation too but it's *quite* heavy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I dont wear it very often, but I would if I had it, and that sounds a bit more affordable! Will definitely take a trip into Boots and look into it, as the last time I used No.7 was about 7 or 8 years ago!

Definitely give it a go. I use foundation every day, except Sat/Sun (I only wear make up when going somewhere) and a bottle lasts me about four months.

Aye, I never used No.7 either so was pleasantly surprised when I liked it, as I used to use Bobbi Brown (which just shy of €50 a bottle :eek:). I wouldn't change from No.7 now unless it started effecting my skin or something.

Think Boots are still doing to €6.50 vouchers now, so if you need to get anything in Boots do it before May 31st and get a voucher and you can use it against the foundation so it will only cost you around €14!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Definitely give it a go. I use foundation every day, except Sat/Sun (I only wear make up when going somewhere) and a bottle lasts me about four months.

Aye, I never used No.7 either so was pleasantly surprised when I liked it, as I used to use Bobbi Brown (which just shy of €50 a bottle :eek:). I wouldn't change from No.7 now unless it started effecting my skin or something.

Think Boots are still doing to €6.50 vouchers now, so if you need to get anything in Boots do it before May 31st and get a voucher and you can use it against the foundation so it will only cost you around €14!

Lifesaver! :D Definitely will drive up next week and see about that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Benefit will let you try PlayStick at one of their counters in Debenhams, Brown Thomas etc. I used to use it but found it expensive as I only got about 2 months out of each one (wearing it daily and reapplying at night maybe 3 times a week), I didn't find it very long lasting but the shades and texture are excellent.
    I recently bought Lancôme Teint Visionnaire foundation in a local chemist, the lady gave me a tester (lasted 6 days) of both the foundation and the concealer which is in the lid of the bottle. I find it lovely and natural looking, and the concealer is the best I've used (have tried Benefit Erase Paste and Boing, every Mac one going, a Bobbi Brown one), it suits my very dry skin with slightly oily T-zone. It's expensive at around 45euro but good value in my view because of the excellent concealer.
    Highly recommend.
    http://beaut.ie/2013/lancome-teint-visionnaire-foundation-and-concealer-duo-review-pictures/

Advertisement