Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a waxer

• 25-05-2013 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a place to get a wax (the least painful method and not too expensive :p) around Stillorgan/Dundrum area or Blanchardstown?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

Hi. Brazilia in Sandyford are good. They're across the road from the Luas stop. Ring for an appointment, they can be busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

http://affordablebeauty4u.ie/

in Rathmines, but only 10 mins from Dundrum, as a past Brazillia customer I find her great (no connection other than a happy client) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

http://affordablebeauty4u.ie/

in Rathmines, but only 10 mins from Dundrum, as a past Brazillia customer I find her great (no connection other than a happy client) :)

I went with your recommendation and all good. It's not a salon but someones house converted so i have to go back with cash as i only had my visa debit which is a bit of a pain. She was pleasant, not overly chatty though. Decent wax and €18 cheaper than Brazilia. I'd go again thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

sorry my bad - thought it'd be obvious from her site that she worked from home, or I'd have said!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

sorry my bad - thought it'd be obvious from her site that she worked from home, or I'd have said!

Her website is very professional,don't feel bad at all (i just got a bit lost driving around Rathmines looking for a salon :D) No complaints whatsoever...

I should add i LIKE the non chatty thing, the same as hairdressers.I much prefer to chillout and relax. In, job done..out haha! And much cheaper than the mainstream salons.

Probably TMI, but i got a Hollywood...and bar one bit, the rest was absolutely fine with regards pain. Definitely one of the best waxes i've gotten.She was non drama/fuss but knew what she was doing so all good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

That lady sounds promising. I called today and she was able to book me in tomorrow :)

I find dealing with Brizilia annoying because you need to book so far in advance so thats a plus to the lady already (I can't fault there waxing tho so usually worth it). She is much cheaper than Brizillia too, I usually get legs/underarms/ladybits and it' costs €105. The lady has a package deal for them that costs €68 so if she is as good as you say then that saves me almost an extra €40 a month so happy days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Just checking back in to say that the affordable beauty 4 u lady is great. As good as the service I was getting in Brizillia for a cheaper price. I'll be going to her instead from now on.

Advertisement