Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping - but nowhere too popular!

Options
  • 25-05-2013 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya, my husband and myself like to camp but usually go to places with good facilites which means they are pretty popular places. We're hoping to get away next weekend and would love somewhere out of the way, nice and quiet where we can get away from it all. Facilities are not important, we'll manage without showers or kitchen facilities.

The only things which are necessary are - must welcome dogs (all dogs not certain breeds or sizes excluded), must not be a busy family or group camping ground, must allow a small campfire (in fire bucket or bbq tray). We're in Kildare, but if we go will be leaving from Dublin after work, within 2 hours drive would be great.

Wild camping might seem ideal but I'm a bit chicken! We'd really appreciate some suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Whispered wrote: »
    Hiya, my husband and myself like to camp but usually go to places with good facilites which means they are pretty popular places. We're hoping to get away next weekend and would love somewhere out of the way, nice and quiet where we can get away from it all. Facilities are not important, we'll manage without showers or kitchen facilities.

The only things which are necessary are - must welcome dogs (all dogs not certain breeds or sizes excluded), must not be a busy family or group camping ground, must allow a small campfire (in fire bucket or bbq tray). We're in Kildare, but if we go will be leaving from Dublin after work, within 2 hours drive would be great.

Wild camping might seem ideal but I'm a bit chicken! We'd really appreciate some suggestions.

Hi
    Did you have any luck as we are hoping to the same in the next few weeks? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Plenty of places in Wicklow. Varying degrees of popularity. How quiet do you want it? You can get nice and quiet even in busy places by choosing your pitch carefully. River Valley in Redcross has an adult only section for camping in which is quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TrafficBug

Hi Whispered. Did you ever try camping in Athy Farm. Its handy and always empty.

Advertisement