Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pubs in Enniscorthy

Options
  • 26-05-2013 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello,

I'm organising a trip to Enniscorthy for a group of about 13 and am looking for a good pub for the evening, as well as a nightclub to finish the night off.

I've done a bit of googling and based on that alone I've come up with The Bailey, Treacy's, and Benedict's (the only nightclub in town?). They all look lovely on their websites but I can't get much of a sense of the atmosphere in them. Are they popular/busy, what kind of crowd goes there, etc.

Also the trip is the weekend of the strawberry festival and none of these places seem to have anything advertised in the way of entertainment for the weekend. I've also looked on the festival website and can't find any information on evening entertainment apart from what's on the main stage.....or is that the only show in town that weekend?

Ideally I'm looking for a comfortable place that has a decent crowd but will not be jammers with a good range of music from the 60's onward (there's a fair age range in the group!).

Any and all recommendations greatly received!

Thanks in advance,
    BH.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Treacy's caters for groups like yourselves,they have live music in the bar,beside it they have D-Bar which has a dj who plays music from way back up to new stuff & is usually the place everyone ends up & then Benedicts Night Club.

Across the road there's Wilsons which is live music & up town the popular places are Rackards & Robbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Pretty much what he said. Plenty of room in Rackards and Wilsons. D bar and Benedicts can be crowded at weekends, but you WILL end up in one or the other as they are the only place with a late license.

If I was to recommend a mini pub crawl for a group of 10+ I would start up in the centre of town:

1. Rackards
    2. The Pub, Robbie's (might be a little small for a large group)
    3. Wilsons
    4. D Bar (can get packed, usually more room upstairs)
    5. Benedicts Nite Club

In that order.

Other places worth a noble mention are The Castle Bar and Toss Kavanaghs and both usually have music on Friday and Sat nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 brgn hntr

Thanks Guys! Info very much appreciated.

Advertisement