Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moira Game Fair

Options
  • 26-05-2013 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

I was at it today, been at a few ballinlough and birr game fairs the last few years and this was exactly the same.. same layout, same lads with the falconry/cassock horses/beagles/strongmen etc etc... same stalls but actually fewer than normal... inflated prices compared to their online prices... no haggling or bargaining.... meh!!! the dog trials were ok. the clay layout didnt look too hard but the auld bringing gun to north aet hassle, also fibre wads only and boxes were 5 pounds sterling... too expensive... dunno... dont think ill bother goi to any more game fairs on these shores.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I swore off the fair in Shane's castle about 3 years ago for the same reasons. A big enough fair, but only 2 stalls with guns, and the majority was arts & craft or kid orientated. There were more over priced food stands than any other.

After getting up early and driving al that way i was very underwhelmed , and disappointed. The Birr fair is not a whole lot better. However i spoke to a few lads that had stalls in fairs, and other than some being too expensive to travel to or too awkward to get the necessary permits for (up north i presuming) some were saying the cost of having a stand is astronomical. Somewhere in the €1,000 mark. Not sure if that's for a day or both, but sounds expensive considering everyone that walks in the gate pays between €15 to €50 for entrance fees.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭davymoore

I agree totally on the price of the stands, they are way too expensive, to make back 1000 euro in clear profit in a weekend I'd have to shift approx 12K worth of stock that's a hell of a lot of knives......... and the chances of doing that are fair slim. Both Stand and entrance prices are totally inflated beyond reality.

Cheaper Stands = More stands = More Variety = More Punters = More Sales = Better Value = I might be back :)

Advertisement