Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Bank Debit Card

Options
  • 26-05-2013 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Just arrived into Vancouver yesterday and set up an account with Bank Of Montreal, problem is the debit card they've issued out seems to be unusable online. Its an Interac Maestro card with no expiry or CCV on it. Is this standard for the debit cards here?

Can anyone recomend a bank that uses decent cards or know if I can request an alternative from the bank that isn't a full credit card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

I went to TD for their visa debit card.... it is a visa debit but as thats pretty new here in not accepted anywhere online accept for paypal.

Most banks will offer you a secured credit card, i.e. they hold a set amount and give you a card with the same limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

You'll get prepaid cards at places like Money Mart if you're dead set against regular credit cards. There's no credit check or anything like that, but you've got a reloading fee of a couple of bucks every time

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭pig88

it sounds like you got a client card,if you ring the bank or there might be an option on thier website to order a visa debit card,thats what i did with r.b.c.

Advertisement