Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyres

• 26-05-2013 3:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

I have a bandit 650. Tyres need to be changed, definitely the front bit more in the back but might as well change them as a pair. No idea what I'm about though.

The current tyres are Bridgestone battlax tyres. This is all I've known so don't know if I have a comparatively smooth or rough ride.

So the questions:
    1. What tyres do you recommend? Use is predominantly in the dry and relatively fair weather but it being Ireland I do end up in the wet and every now and again on frost. Mostly commuting with the occasional sunday spin.
    2. Where do I go about getting tyres?
    3. Who fits them? Doesn't seem like a job I have the equipment (or knowhow) for.
    4. What is this likely to cost me?

Cheers,

Shane, The

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

open a can of worms why dont you! this is one subject where you will get lots of opinions and the one topic you need to make your own mind up!
    on my triumph trophy 900 i run bridgestone bt20 battlax, good wear and good grip in the wet, mate swears by michelin pr2 rear and pr3 front and another won't have anything but dunlops.........:D try a bandit specific forum, they may have some good tyre recommendations based on the same bike and real world riding, my new rear bridgestone was 170 fitted at the bike shop, front was 140

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

We've Battleaxe BT020's on our bandits in work, they're riden hard enough in all weathers without a bother.

A lot of guys are favouring Mich PR3's but they're expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

We've Battleaxe BT020's on our bandits in work, they're riden hard enough in all weathers without a bother.

A lot of guys are favouring Mich PR3's but they're expensive.

I have Pirelli angel st's on the front and BT023's on my Bandit. Never had an ounce of problems in the wet or dry. And they lasted nearly 30,000 kms each. Got my Tyres done in Cotters in Ballymount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Can only recommend what I have used, if I was getting tyres in the morning on my 600 I would get PR3 front and PR2 back. I am currently running PR3's all over and are a savage tyre. But you will get better mileage from the PR2s, as was said already check out the bandit forums and you will get the best advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭The Shane

Cheers lads.

Any recommendations for where to get the best deal?

Shane, The

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

The Shane wrote: »
    Cheers lads.

Any recommendations for where to get the best deal?

Shane, The

Where abouts are you

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭The Shane

Dublin, City Centre mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The Shane wrote: »
    Dublin, City Centre mostly.

Cotters, Ballymount. Or NDM beside the Man O War pub south of Ballbriggan, great shop, great mechanic's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

I use the pirelli angels great tyre in the dry and wet so far, as ppl have said above we all have a preference and own experiences

Advertisement