Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can you fly in t2 after heavy bleeding in t1?

• 26-05-2013 6:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi we are 9 wks pregnant and had a big scare this week. We were certain we had miscarried, lots of bleeding and what turned out to be large clots. However the baby is still alive although the scan showed some clots outside the sack. We are due to holiday in august but can cancel at loss of deposit only before next weekend. Would be 5 months when due to fly. 4 hour flight. We do not want to endanger the baby but do not want to pay full holiday and not travel. Has anyone experienced flying after having such an experience?

Thanks for any help, we are up the walls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Hi liverbear, congrats on the big news! Delighted all is ok with babs.

Unfortunately I cant advise you from personal experience but I think the best person to ask is your gp, or ring the maternity unit.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭liverbear

Thanks Pat. The doctor in the hospital told us it was too early to tell. They expect there to be a further bleed which is high risk but things could be ok. Back for another scan in two weeks but it is after the date the holiday has to be paid for. At the minute it is 99% that we will cancel. We are lucky to have two boys nearly 5 & 2. Both pretty excited about going away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

Could you not pop into the travel agent and ask them for an extension of two weeks, and maybe just explain that you have to get doctor clearance before you can fly?

They have two choices then. 1. Allow you to extend the date and maybe get the full price of the holiday from you. Or, 2. Not allow you, and lose the potential full price.

I'm sure they would pick option one.
    E
    Also, I was with my sister in hospital two summers ago when she was told she was miscarrying. It was a close call, but she had to lie down and not work for the whole pregnancy, and now has a gorgeous baby girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

We really cannot tell you whether it is safe to fly, you will have to take the advice of your medical professional on this one. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement