Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

underage gambling

Options
  • 26-05-2013 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

so my friend has been gambling underage for 2-3 months online and they don't know. What would be the best way to get the money out when he turns 18. Because to withdraw anything documentation is required. Obviously the DOB registered on the account is false. I wonder if he was to ring them and tell them he entered wrong year by accident at the time of registration and get them to change it, would that work? Of course then they may or may not realise he was underage for the last 3 months but would they take the winnings off him or could they touch him because he would be over 18 then?

No smart comments about 'my friend' please :pac:

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Get a neteller account at 18, deposit some money to the bookie with it. Withdraw all the money back to neteller

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Finno59

would they not ask for ID or proof of age if i used neteller?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Finno59 wrote: »
    would they not ask for ID or proof of age if i used neteller?

neteller will, but I don't think the bookies will when you withdraw to neteller

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Where is the betting company regulated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

Most bookies you sign up with will ask you for copy of your passport as soon as try withdraw money from them, if you win they will not pay out if you have given false details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Finno59

they are regulated from malta. I would think my only hope would be to ring up and hope to get a slow account rep that will change my dob if i told him i entered it wrong by accident and not cop the fact i was gambling underage?
    Thats a bit risky but its all i can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Do Not tell them you/him are under age, if you do they will void all your bets and you won't get paid any winnings.
    I guess the company doesn't have shops in Ireland?
    If so you are going to have to produce some form of ID to collect the winnings, there is no way around this.
    I don't think ringing up and trying to find a rep to change your details will work either.
    They can get into trouble for allowing under age gambling so they won't change it for you.
    I'd wait till I was 18 and try to bet it away whilst laying it off on Betfair and hope that your Betfair account will have the winnings instead of the other account.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Am guessing it is Betfair if it's regulated in Malta?? So the above advice won't really work. Either that or William Hill. Nothing to do but send in your ID and hope they don't notice. Wouldn't fancy the chances though - most likely the account will be closed and no winnings paid out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Sporting Bet are also in Malta.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭petecork

once hes 18, if its betfair, they lay a favourite for the total balance hoping you lose

at the same time open an account with PP etc and place a bet on the favourite to win. if it wins, you can withdraw winnings legally from PP. If loses repeat again.

you will lose a percentage of the winnings with the difference in odds between PP and betfair. Also if the favourite loses you will have Betfair fees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Open an account with the bookie in your proper name and date of birth. Go to their poker site on with both accounts using a different IP address for each (use a friend). 'Lose' the money from the underage account to the legit account. This is called chip dumping and is forbidden, but if you only do it once only you'll be incredibly unlucky to get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hardluckstory

I wrote a book on gambling and it might be worth you while reading it.Its called.The Gamblers guide to loosing a million.Its on ebook lulu

uote="Finno59;84788591"]so my friend has been gambling underage for 2-3 months online and they don't know. What would be the best way to get the money out when he turns 18. Because to withdraw anything documentation is required. Obviously the DOB registered on the account is false. I wonder if he was to ring them and tell them he entered wrong year by accident at the time of registration and get them to

change it, would that work? Of course then they may or may not realise he was

underage for the last 3 months but would they take the winnings off him or could they touch him because he would be over 18 then?

No smart comments about 'my friend' please :pac:

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭poker--addict

I played with boyles underage some years ago, i tried to update my details at one stage and they were wise to what i was doing.
    banned for life.
    bit harsh.

😎

Advertisement