Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good driving instructors in waterford?

Options
  • 26-05-2013 12:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor in waterford based on their own experience?

Ive been driving for last 2 years on and off i only want to do 2-3 lessons and then rent out the instructors car for the test as im waiting until i have the full licence to insure my new car and also my birthday is soon so my insurance will be cheaper again as ill be older.

Must be based in the city aswell thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I did a few pre test lessons with Niall Dempsey last year and found him to be very good,he charged €25 for an hour (most of the others I rang wanted €35)

http://www.aclassschoolofmotoring.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lynchie2012

da6xsi wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor in waterford based on their own experience?

Ive been driving for last 2 years on and off i only want to do 2-3 lessons and then rent out the instructors car for the test as im waiting until i have the full licence to insure my new car and also my birthday is soon so my insurance will be cheaper again as ill be older.

Must be based in the city aswell thanks
    Billy welsh school of motoring done 3 lessons and used his car passed first time

u will see his add in the Waterford today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I'm using Anne Vereker at the moment. I find her excellent.
    086 8843527

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

shockwave wrote: »
    I did a few pre test lessons with Niall Dempsey last year and found him to be very good,he charged €25 for an hour (most of the others I rang wanted €35)

http://www.aclassschoolofmotoring.com/[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend this chap as well. I did some pre test lessons, used his car for the test and passed first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

After previous recommendations on here my son had lessons with Niall and passed his test first time this afternoon. His other pupil did the test at the same time and passed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I also passed first time with Niall / AClassMotoring about a month ago (first time driving at 31). He's very patient and his prices are very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Barry Ryan - Waterford School of motoring - even the testers recommend him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

whats the goin rate for the 12 learner lessons anyone doin a deal on them....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

They should be all good now according to the RSA, what is it 2 or 3 years now they are suppose to be under new regulations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Hoffmans wrote: »
    whats the goin rate for the 12 learner lessons anyone doin a deal on them....?

It was €25 per lesson with Niall at A-Class Motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

I'm using Anne Vereker at the moment. I find her excellent.
    086 8843527

+1 I passed first time with her, great instructor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

Maurice from ABC is top klass. He just makes you feel at ease. I had tried 2 other instructors before him and didnt do very well. I used him and passed first time.

A couple of my friends and my gf have also used him aswell.

He is on facebook or pm me for his number

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

im halfway through my lessons with him as well.. hes a fair man, no bull**** and is comfortable to be around.. gets the job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smiley13

Hi anyone help? im looking for a good driving instructor in north dublin looking to go for my test in Sept just lack a bit of confidence with the driving

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Fishy1

http://www.aclassschoolofmotoring.com/[/QUOTE]

Another satisfied customer here. My daughter passed her test this afternoon. Niall was a very patient and capable instructor. Would heartily recommend him.

just back from another lesson with niall..
    highly recommended.

just had my 8th lesson with Niall,
    he brought out the test sheets so he could see how im doing and i can see exactly what i need to work on..
    Overall, great lesson and i Recommend him to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Thanks Niall, for the info Niall, your some man Niall.

im not niall..
    Im just happy with his service.

Good man tho.. your obviously a people person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I got some lessons with Anne Vereker before I did my driving test. She sorted out all my bad habits and I passed the test with her help, so anyone looking for an instructor I would advise giving her a call.

what were you bad habits?
    today was the first time i went out while it was raining, managed to get the most out of the sun..
    Found the rain to be a bit of a distraction, but i guess it all comes down to getting use to it and experience.

0rt wrote: »
    what were you bad habits?
    today was the first time i went out while it was raining, managed to get the most out of the sun..
    Found the rain to be a bit of a distraction, but i guess it all comes down to getting use to it and experience.

My bad habits were things like over steering and not staying close enough to the kerb etc

Also just to go over the maneuvers like reversing around the corner and three point turn. If you are a capable driver I wouldn't get to many lessons, The test is fairly easy and you have to just not make more than eight mistakes in twenty five minutes. If you practise a bit and get a few lessons you should have no bother passing the test.

Btw the worst thing you can do is get worried or panic because that is what messes most people up.

hahah.. its easier said than done.. i was fine till i started seeing the pen hit the page.. then i started thinking and panicing :D
    in all its just down to my clutch and gear work.. i tend to coast a bit which i shouldnt obviously!
    Ill just have to practise to get out of the bad habit!

0rt wrote: »
    hahah.. its easier said than done.. i was fine till i started seeing the pen hit the page.. then i started thinking and panicing :D
    in all its just down to my clutch and gear work.. i tend to coast a bit which i shouldnt obviously!
    Ill just have to practise to get out of the bad habit!

I drove for a few years without the full license which gave me a big advantage but they are starting to crack down on that now, so very soon that might not be an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

How crucial are the theory questions , I heard you can't fail if you get them wrong and that you are judged mainly on your driving

How crucial are the theory questions , I heard you can't fail if you get them wrong and that you are judged mainly on your driving

Basically if you get most of them wrong you can get a grade two (which you shouldn't really get that many wrong if you have been driving a while)

If you get a few wrong its a grade one which is not taken into account when it comes to passing or failing. I would just do a bit of revision of whats under the bonnet, speed limits, road signs and what you would do in certain situations. The fella I had doing my test was a really nice guy and seemed really reasonable, so just don't panic to much before you go in because thats what gets most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

+1 here for niall of http://www.aclassschoolofmotoring.com/news/a-class-school-of-motoring-website . he made everything as simple as it can be, and cover all the necessary lessons to pass the test not to mention the cheapest in waterford

passed my driving test today first time 2 blues 2 greens.

angelmum wrote: »
    +1 here for niall of http://www.aclassschoolofmotoring.com/news/a-class-school-of-motoring-website . he made everything as simple as it can be, and cover all the necessary lessons to pass the test not to mention the cheapest in waterford

Shhhh wellboytoo will go off on one again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fiesty lady

angelmum wrote: »

Not true actually Niall charges 25 euro the same as at least 4 other wellknown driving instructors who are equally as good, and if you shop around you can get lessons in Waterford for 20 euro. I know this as irecently passed my test (no not with neil)

Advertisement