Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Browser?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Chrome for PC & android.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Maxthon is another decent browser. Very fast and easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Opera for me. Big fan of the speed dial. It is really useful, sometimes it takes me half an hour before I notice that my keyboard is switched off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Joeface

Laptop: IE
    Desktop: Firefox
    Mobile :Opera

Not sure why but find IE and Firefox are pretty much on par these days.

Use a crappy Nokia C5-03 , Mobile Opera has made some difference to the phone. The internet actually works and I can open any site i need or want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Chrome and always the beta version so one major version ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Opera. Cache in ramdrive and it flies. Native mouse gestures and speed dial FTW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Firefox then Chrome would be my preference, I'm slowly trying to switch to Chrome but I keep having some issues with it, such as passwords or logins not being remembered on some sites (Firefox does this easily), also the mousewheel scrolling in Chromium doesn't scroll enough, only 2 lines at a time, whereas it's normal on Windows.
    It also doesn't play animated gifs sometimes which is annoying.

My issue with Firefox is syncing it's addons and profile between computers is cumbersome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MillieJ

I started as a chrome fan, but then I heard of a browser that's got everything that chrome has with a couple of built-ins added to it, so I tried it out, liked it, and used it since. It's called Torch and it's also chromium-based.
    So I guess that I'm under the "Other" category. :D

MillieJ wrote: »
    I started as a chrome fan, but then I heard of a browser that's got everything that chrome has with a couple of built-ins added to it, so I tried it out, liked it, and used it since. It's called Torch and it's also chromium-based.
    So I guess that I'm under the "Other" category. :D

Not heard of that one, it looks cool. Cheers for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MillieJ

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Not heard of that one, it looks cool. Cheers for the heads up!

Yeah, definitely give it a shot. Torch browser is great if you're into downloading videos and torrent files. Cheers :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

IE10/Firefox/Chrome and Opera....I do a lot of browsing, only joking, doing some web design at the moment

MillieJ wrote: »
    Yeah, definitely give it a shot. Torch browser is great if you're into downloading videos and torrent files. Cheers :p

Yeah its handy, shame it doesnt have a Linux version though!

Advertisement