Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manual for Honda Hornet 250

• 26-05-2013 1:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I'm looking for a manual for my Honda Hornet 250. Haynes don't seem to cover my bike. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

What year?

Actually, just found this. I'm not sure if it is any use to you. It is a translated version of the Service Manual from Japan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

She's a 99

Thanks sound man, very eh, sound, of you! But that's not really what I'm looking for. I want something solid that I can take with me into the shed and look at diagrams while I'm working on my bike. A workshop manual, is that what you'd call it? Would any other manual do, like say the manual for the 600 hornet? The trouble with a different manual is though that although certain things may look the same, stuff like torques and clearances would probably be different, engine destroying stuff! I can't understand why Haynes or clymer or max ellory don't cover my bike! I wonder could you get a manual directly from Honda?

• Advertisement

Do neither of those pdfs I posted, not have the info you need? Print them off if you do and you would have a hard copy to bring into the workshop with you.

The name of the second file I posted has other bikes that seem to be of a similar set up to the 250 you have in it. Maybe try looking for manuals for those?

Unfortunately not sound man! The second link has the type of info I'm looking for, but it's for a completely different bike :( I rang Honda, they said my bike is an import and any genuine Honda manuals for my bike would be in Japanese. Surely there must be some crowd like Haynes doing them? Who else does motorbike manuals?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NorthernSky

Did you have any joy with locating the manual newmug, problem with the imports, manuals can be very tricky to find, looking for this myself last while, dont think it exists

No I never got one. I just service my bike by trial and error.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

This link has pretty much everything: http://www.pdfmotomanual.com/

• Advertisement

sound rat race, seems to have loads on it, good find by ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

try the hornets nest. forum for hornet owners. if you've a question about hornets they will have the answers. http://www.hondahornet.co.uk/

yeah im on there bluefinger, great site and very helpful people, cheers man

Advertisement