Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.3 - PVP.

• 26-05-2013 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

So, what do you think?

Any weeks that you have missed your conquest cap is now gathered up at 1k per week which results in roughly 13k conquest atm. Not only that, resilience is now gone off of all PVP items and everyone is granted a base 66% resilience, just like the base 300 mana.

For the most part, I like it. I've 6 lvl 90's on outland, and(i dont know why) but I started playing Disc again, and had probs the best battleground I've ever played with litterally NO gear (ilvl 430ish). Not only that, it was on the BG I hate most - isle of conquest. It went on for ages, but it came right down to 5/0 on resources to allys, which gave 700 honor! There were fights happening all over the map, even at quarry/refinery, everyone was spread so thin across the map, it was just brilliant. AV is apparently like how it was 'back in the day' too.

The one thing about this game I've really hated, is that if you want to play PVP, you litterally have to focus on your character and put too much time into it. I seriously think that is gone out the window now. It's much more accessible, and I can see people getting PVP rankings based more on skill than the gear they have.

Personally, I think this is big step forward for PVP in wow. Now I can play any of my toons, and at least have a scrap with someone without getting a one shot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

also...

Havnt seen a bot in ages...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

red_ice wrote: »
    also...

Havnt seen a bot in ages...

They are lying in wait , plotting to return in a server wide revolt like terminator .

Calhoun wrote: »
    They are lying in wait , plotting to return in a server wide revolt like terminator .

For what? Honor gear is useless, you nearly get full geared now with your conq :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I generally detest PvP and haven't really done any since Vanilla and a brief stint at the end of TBC, but I used some tailored cloth and PvP items won from world bosses into the battlegrounds for the legendary quest on my disc priest.

I actually really enjoy it now for some reason, but its probably because its my first time playing disc in PvP, and not having to pay for respecs so I don't need to use my PvE. Teamed up with an ex-guildie cat druid for some 2v2 the other night and went from 0-4 wins/losses to 5-7, which I was delighted with.

Currently at 28% Power and enjoying the process

mind control is too much fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

I have two of my friends complaining about hybred classes doing too much self healing. Loving the new role ques for randoms and overall loving it.

Getting the new title was way too easy.

Yeh, druids and palas can heal up a little to easy.

Predators swiftness can give a 100k+ heal, along with other instant heals that can give the guts of 90k.

My zero geared Pala with 3 holy power was instant healing for 150k. It's a bit much, but it's not really that noticable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

red_ice wrote: »
    mind control is too much fun

It's a shame you have to spec for it now though, it was a class defining spell. MC suicide on people on EoTS and LM in AB are two of my favorite uses of it. You could literally clear a team out before they realised what was happening! Then you had MC into the magma back at 60 down at the entrance to Molten Core :) It's up there with dismount, levitate and DoT people up outside of ICC for fun times as a shadow priest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

witless1 wrote: »
    It's a shame you have to spec for it now though, it was a class defining spell. MC suicide on people on EoTS and LM in AB are two of my favorite uses of it. You could literally clear a team out before they realised what was happening! Then you had MC into the magma back at 60 down at the entrance to Molten Core :) It's up there with dismount, levitate and DoT people up outside of ICC for fun times as a shadow priest!

Will never be as fun as putting water walking on someone when they are jumping at a height into water.

1008xNx381.jpg.pagespeed.ic.2Xl4nG4NVF.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

heh some of the hybrid comps are insane, myself and reddy fought a dps monk and ret pala..

They were able to outheal my dps for a good 5 minutes and then just overwhelmed us, absolute insane healing from them, went from near empty to 100% health about 6 times.. and im sure they could have went for longer..

• Advertisement
Advertisement