Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gym everyday with two day break?

Options
  • 26-05-2013 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I recently started going to the gym and due to commitments once a week going every second day means ill be missing a day which isn't what id like so a friend suggested it is possible to go 5 days in a row and then take a two day break.

Now id be working every muscle group a day mixed with a healthy diet and protein shakes and bars.

Im wondering is this possible or is my friend wrong and I should just go every second day and miss the day?

Any advice will be appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Hey guys,

I recently started going to the gym and due to commitments once a week going every second day means ill be missing a day which isn't what id like so a friend suggested it is possible to go 5 days in a row and then take a two day break.

Now id be working every muscle group a day mixed with a healthy diet and protein shakes and bars.

Im wondering is this possible or is my friend wrong and I should just go every second day and miss the day?

Any advice will be appreciated

Thanks

If you go 5 days a week you're likely to be jaded and well over-trained especially if you are just after starting out. Why not try a legs/push/pull and then off routine if that would fit around your commitments?

Advertisement