Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP !!!!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Throat hit, alot of those vids they dont inhale into the lungs, they just inhale into their mouth and blow it out to make the vapour look more impressive. Personally Im more concerned about throat hit and flavour. As long as I have some vapour Im happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Throat hit, alot of those vids they dont inhale into the lungs, they just inhale into their mouth and blow it out to make the vapour look more impressive. Personally Im more concerned about throat hit and flavour. As long as I have some vapour Im happy.

I reckon that could be what I'm doing so.
    I like to draw deeply when smoking(hence giving up as if I don't, my lungs are buggered lol)

But I'm not getting very much in the way of "hit" (as in HUGE craving and I would smoke a light cig so can't make it out)

Its kinda weird to be honest, you sure you have the battery twisted all the way to 4.8volts and not all the way to 3.2volts? Maybe the head (the thing that burns the juice with the wick in it) isnt pushed or screwed in properly. You should be getting a good whack in the throat at 4.8v and 20mg juice.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Its kinda weird to be honest, you sure you have the battery twisted all the way to 4.8volts and not all the way to 3.2volts? Maybe the head (the thing that burns the juice with the wick in it) isnt pushed or screwed in properly. You should be getting a good whack in the throat at 4.8v and 20mg juice.

I thought as much(that's why I'm here :))
    I've seen "hardened" smokers do better with their vapours than this.
    I must have puffed on this thing 20+ times an hour today and no much throat thing.

And its at 4.4 now as I was afraid of breaking the thing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

This used to happen me with the CE4's and was down to the fact that they weren't making proper connection.It would still work but the draw became extremely tight and there would be next to no hit.If you have a small pliers,any kind of nose pliers should do,try carefully adjusting the 510 connection on the T2.You want to gently pull it out,but only a fraction.Try rocking it side to side to loosen it and then carefully pull.Worked for me(most of the time!)
    This can actually lead to leaking so be careful.I should also add that if this is the problem,send them back.You shouldn't have to modify a finished product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I've had a couple of these for a while now with no major issues

Setting it to 4V should give you enough TH, I found that I tended to block the airholes by accident by the way I was holding it, took me a while to figure that out so check that and change grip if necessary

Some of the wingnuts flavours I've found don't have great TH but swedish fish was good

Make sure the wick is screwed in properly, these can loosen when taking off the drip tip I think it's called (the bit you put in your mouth)

Took me a couple of months to totally stop smoking even with the kanger, no cigs now since xmas so wouldn't worry about smoking the odd one until you get the hang of it

If I were you, I'd probably buy a pack & relax, fully charge both batteries, clean & dry everything and start over, when I clean or rinse out the clearomizer (the glass yoke you pour the liquid into) I leave it on a radiator for an hour to make sure the internals are fully dry before using it again

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

One thing I believe is that vaping can give far more vapour and throat hit than smoking if you've got it setup right, with the right juice, the right atomiser and the right voltage etc.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

I stuck with it most of today but in the end had to get some cigarettes as I'm having major nic cravings :(.

It wasn't so much not getting huge plumes of vapour as it was the lack of a hit that was bugging me..
    I smoke silk cut light(I know, I know:o:p)so thought I'd be grand with the vapour. A guy I know(in his 60's, 30 a day JPB man)gave up over a year ago with a vapour so I can't understand what went wrong.

I have given up a few times over the years(for longish ie a year here and there)with other things but always missed the habit of smoking(this was before vapers and e-cigs). so I thought this would be ideal for me.

I'm a bit gutted tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I know I've said it before but Im gonna say it again because I think new vapers are ushered down the clearo route almost exclusively. I never got on with them at all, burnt taste, poor vapour etc. no matter what I did.

Always thought they were junk. I know they work for some people but never worked for me. You could be one of the ones that they don't work for as well.

I think people starting out should consider the cartomiser route or at least buy a clearo and a carto. If the clearo's don't work out, try the carto. Only costs a couple of euro for a carto.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

grindle wrote: »
    What resistance atomiser is on the battery?

Twist the dial at the bottom of the battery to suit to taste. The higher the voltage the more vapour/hit/taste, but if you go too high it'll taste burnt. Lower the voltage and it won't.

They usually come with a 2.6 ohm coil but vaping at 4 volts will be enough to start off with.

• Advertisement

Alot of people here (including myself) gradually cut down on tabs while vaping. I got to a stage where I actually enjoyed vaping more than fags and then fags started making me sick, which was great!
    You might want to contact the vendor in case the T2s or batteries are faulty.

I know I've said it before but Im gonna say it again because I think new vapers are ushered down the clearo route almost exclusively. I never got on with them at all, burnt taste, poor vapour etc. no matter what I did.

Always thought they were junk. I know they work for some people but never worked for me. You could be one of the ones that they don't work for as well.

I think people starting out should consider the cartomiser route or at least buy a clearo and a carto. If the clearo's don't work out, try the carto. Only costs a couple of euro for a carto.

I really am that much of a novice:o

What do I have..clearo or carto or what(I have a kanger T2)?
    What is the difference?

This is a very complex business!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ben36

It's a clearo you have,clearomiser is the proper name for them,you have the t-2 version.Maybe you have a bit of the wick stuck in the centre post?Unscrew the head and see if there's anything stuck there,blow it out and rescrew the head back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The T2 is a clearomiser.

A brief history of atomisers (where I ignore some cack that existed before I started vaping which involved tea-bag materials).

Dripping Atomiser

b7d88a73.jpg
    Has no filler, only accepts a few drops at a time.

Cartomiser

Looks the same on the outside but has filler feeding the wick inside. Needs to be topped up every once in a while.

Boge-510-Cartomizer-Filler-Material.jpg

Carto w/tank
    Carto has a hole punched into it so the juice in the tank soaks the filler which feeds the wick. Tank typically holds 3-6ml of juice.
    144666d1350946335-proper-terminology-carto-tank-what-lol-cartotank.jpg

Clearomiser

Has a tank of juice surrounding a coil that has wicks being fed by wicks resting in the juice.

Kanger-T2-Clearomizer-5-pack-clear.jpg

Repairable Dripping Atomiser (RDA)

Coil built by user with wire (Kanthal preferably, or Nichrome) and wick (silica or cotton or ceramic/silica fibre or airstone ceramic or stainless steel - SS - mesh or SS rope, or de or or, or we having a laugh with how many wick-types there...or?), can generally hold more than a few drops. Anywhere from 10-20 is the norm.

P1000859.jpg

Repairable Tank Atomiser (RTA)

Coil (generally) built by user; SS mesh or rope are outperforming other wicks at the moment but others can be used.

RTAs built with the preference of steel in mind are called Genesis atomisers, and are usually pretty difficult for newbies to cope with (SS is conductive and is prone to short circuiting without proper care) although ribbon wire has made it much easier to deal with.

zatty4.jpg

Other types exist that are basically better-performing versions of clearomisers...

xRTA7.jpg

...and another few exist that are like dripping atomisers you can put into a carto tank...

img20130201145235.jpg

...and others besides that, many variations on a theme.

I'm fully in your court with this GH. I know I've said it before but I'll say it again :P

grindle wrote: »
    The T2 is a clearomiser.

A brief history of atomisers (where I ignore some cack that existed before I started vaping which involved tea-bag materials).

Dripping Atomiser

b7d88a73.jpg
    Has no filler, only accepts a few drops at a time.

Cartomiser

Looks the same on the outside but has filler feeding the wick inside. Needs to be topped up every once in a while.

Boge-510-Cartomizer-Filler-Material.jpg

Carto w/tank
    Carto has a hole punched into it so the juice in the tank soaks the filler which feeds the wick. Tank typically holds 3-6ml of juice.
    144666d1350946335-proper-terminology-carto-tank-what-lol-cartotank.jpg

Clearomiser

Has a tank of juice surrounding a coil that has wicks being fed by wicks resting in the juice.

Kanger-T2-Clearomizer-5-pack-clear.jpg

Repairable Dripping Atomiser (RDA)

Coil built by user with wire (Kanthal preferably, or Nichrome) and wick (silica or cotton or ceramic/silica fibre or airstone ceramic or stainless steel - SS - mesh or SS rope, or de or or, or we having a laugh with how many wick-types there...or?), can generally hold more than a few drops. Anywhere from 10-20 is the norm.

P1000859.jpg

Repairable Tank Atomiser (RTA)

Coil (generally) built by user; SS mesh or rope are outperforming other wicks at the moment but others can be used.

RTAs built with the preference of steel in mind are called Genesis atomisers, and are usually pretty difficult for newbies to cope with (SS is conductive and is prone to short circuiting without proper care) although ribbon wire has made it much easier to deal with.

zatty4.jpg

Other types exist that are basically better-performing versions of clearomisers...

xRTA7.jpg

...and another few exist that are like dripping atomisers you can put into a carto tank...

img20130201145235.jpg

...and others besides that, many variations on a theme.

This post is also worth a quote. Nice Grindle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

StickyIcky wrote: »
    XXrJs43.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

To each his own, but I pour vapour from my T2s, and while I use my dripper for checking and playing with flavours, I'd never be without my beloved T2s.

At 4.8v, it should be burning the hell out of the coil, to the point where it's tastes like burning silica, even on a 2.4 ohm T2 head. Maybe you got a bad set of batteries?

EDIY: on another note, what's this? Looks sexy as feck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

That's the daddy of them all......Clockworks RTA.......and still one of the best......

You can use silica or mesh.

http://clockworks-cornwall.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

That's the daddy of them all......Clockworks RTA.......and still one of the best......

You can use silica or mesh.

http://clockworks-cornwall.co.uk/

Does it actually work well with silica?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

It works very well with silica too

Advertisement