Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Two Euro Fourty Seven Cent Man!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Are you following a particular training plan? Maybe I missed it, just had a quick look through your log.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Pegmatite

Hi Murph,
    I'm following the sub 4 hour Garmin plan found at Runners World
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/racing/rws-garmin-ready-marathon-schedule-sub-400/2765.html

At some point the the plan you download was changedm with out the schedule on the web page being updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Ah. I see you have joined the DCM Novice thread too. So as you know they are following a different plan. Good luck with it - you'll get loads of advice from the novice thread mentors if you want/need it.

Thanks

DCM DAY 13

Another horrible evening run where I thought I was going to vomit on more then one occasion. Still can't keep up with the interval pace :(

5 miles in 51:04

Intervals
    Breakdown
    1 mile at 10:44 min/mile or 6:40 min/Km. Pace bang on
    3 milesat 9:52 min/mile or 6:08 min/Km. Should of been 9:22 min/mile
    1 mile at 10:44 min/mile or 6:40 min/km. Pace bang on

Total miles: 61.75

• Advertisement

DCM DAY 14

Hahahah, so I went out today around 4ish after watching the Meath match and had to turn back after half a mile. Just to warm. I went back out around 9ish and everything was great. Nice and cool, wanted to go on a few more miles. But the I have my LSR tomorrow so I can do it them :)

4 miles in 42:36
    That is
    10:39 min/mile
    or
    6:37 min/Km

Total miles: 65.75

DCM DAY 15

LSR
    9 miles in 95:29

Thats
    10:37 min/mile
    or
    6:36 min/km

Total miles: 74.75

WHAT A DISASTER!!!

First ABANDONED run EVER

So this evening was supposed to be Fast 800 m intervals with a 1 mile warm up
    But it was a complete disaster. I actually got sick. A combination of a new job, breaking in new work shoes, my kitchen being reburb meaning Im been eating take out for the last two weeks and a large evening meal resulted in the first run I have ever had to abandon, in my life :(

1 mile at
    10:58 min/mile
    or
    6:49 min/kn

200m at
    9:01 min/mile
    or
    5.46 min/km
    Should of been 8:15 min/km or 5:08

Total Miles: 75.75

:(

Hello all,
    So the DCM is out, but I thought I would continue this log
    First day running in two weeks, felt good.
    Even used my HR monitor, which gave me a avg HR of 184 bpm, and a max HR of 246!!!!!!
    Don't think I'll be going out with it again.

4 miles in 42:39
    So that's a pace of
    6:38 min/Km
    or
    10:40 min/Mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

good to see you back at it. Delighted for you:D
    So will you set any other goals or races for the year?

• Advertisement

Thanks Osolo,
    As things stand no goals for the rest of the year. Just run, enjoy it and stay injury free. I'm planning to just start slowly back, and build back up to a maintance distance of maybe 20 to 25 miles a week.

You look like your flying are you up to 50 miles a week now??
    That is some going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Pegmatite wrote: »
    Thanks Osolo,
    As things stand no goals for the rest of the year. Just run, enjoy it and stay injury free. I'm planning to just start slowly back, and build back up to a maintance distance of maybe 20 to 25 miles a week.

You look like your flying are you up to 50 miles a week now??
    That is some going?

Running and enjoying it and staying injury free sounds just the ticket. that's what it's all about at the end of the day. If I couldn't do DCM for any reason, I'd cope with it as long as I could still run short distances regularly. DCM is not the be all and end all. There's always another marathon or race and the training is the most fun of all. I look forward to tracking your progress on here:D
    Yeah I'm doing ok but keeping it mainly very easy. Really enjoying it and that's the main thing.
    Best of luck :)

Advertisement