Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost to import food wine from Italy?

Options
  • 26-05-2013 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

does anyone know the cost of importing food wine from Italy is it difficult process? what do i need to set up fro commercial importing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

http://www.fsai.ie/faq/import_export.html

The above link might give you some information.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭deadwood85

cheers i have read all that im looking for cost of vat /tax on wine and stuff like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

deadwood85 wrote: »
    cheers i have read all that im looking for cost of vat /tax on wine and stuff like that

Italy is in the EU last I heard....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

micosoft wrote: »
    Italy is in the EU last I heard....

If you are not registered for VAT, you have to pay the Italian rate. Wine is subject to Excise Duty when imported for commercial purposes, and requires bonded warehousing etc to comply with Irish regulations., even from other EU countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Mmmmm I love food wine, there's eating & drinking in it...! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Chevy RV

Give Mick Wallace TD a shout.

He has his own Italian winery and would definitely be fully aware how to economise on the any taxes for you as well. ;)

Chevy RV

Advertisement