Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does Unlimited usage mean with eFibre?

Options
  • 26-05-2013 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Is it truly unlimited or will it be limited to 500GB like the previous broadband. If so what happens if you go over that limit? Speed throttled? Extra charge?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi capt_mal,

I have checked this for you and the unlimited usage has no limits on it. There is no fair usage policy anymore.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 4 capt_mal

Hi capt_mal,

I have checked this for you and the unlimited usage has no limits on it. There is no fair usage policy anymore.

Thanks

Tracey
    No fair usage policy at all at all?? So i could use 15TB total usage every month until my contract ends without repercussions of any kind? Obviously an over exaggeration of usage, but just curious?

Yes that's correct.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 4 capt_mal

Yes that's correct.

Thanks

Tracey
    Wow. So no throttling of speeds, no extra charges, ever? Would it put a 'bad mark' on your account if you wanted to renew it? And just to be clear 15 TB is ~15000 GB. So I could keep my 70 Mbps broadband on 24/7 for 30 days. Say I got ~50 Mbps average for download usage only it would be ~15 TB and this would be OK??

Sorry for all the questions but I just find it hard to believe that it is truly unlimited. I hope it is. Not that I would use this much but the definition of unlimited for most provider and even the previous Eircom broadband was that you actually had a limit of usage.

Can you send me a copy of the terms and conditions for eFibre unlimited by any chance?

Thanks

Hi,

No problem at all.
    Yes that's correct, no limits a few months ago it was abolished.

No it wouldn't put a bad mark on your account.

We don't have hard copies of the terms and conditions however if you go onto our website www.eircom.ie everything you need is there.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 polks

Hi Tracey,

I asked the same question last week and was told by Mark that there is a fair usage policy of 500GBs. Was that information wrong and is eFibre truly unlimited?

Thanks

Originally posted by polks
    Thanks you've been very helpful. Just another quick question. Your website states "Unlimited means that there are absolutely no limits". Can you confirm that there's no hidden FUP, that there's nothing buried in the terms + conditions or a hidden cap? It's difficult to trust telecoms as even now Vodafone are trying to sell an unlimited product with a 300GB fair use. For that reason I'm not even considering Vodafone.

Thanks again

Originally posted by eircom: Mark
    Hi polks

There is a fair usage policy of 500GBs for the efibre broadband. Customers can be subject to excess fees if they far exceed that fair usage guide line

Thanks, Mark

http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/84756672

Hi polks,

I'm sorry about that. The above information you got was incorrect.

The website states -
    Unlimited means that there are absolutely no limits the amount of data you can download or upload in a month. So you can stream, download, chat, browse and game online with no worries about any usage caps.

It was abolished not so long ago.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Does this also apply to the standard ( non eFibre)broadband packages ?

I'm on the "up to 24mb" Ultimate package and my allowance is listed as unlimited .

Thanks .

Hi polks,

I'm sorry about that. The above information you got was incorrect.

The website states -
    Unlimited means that there are absolutely no limits the amount of data you can download or upload in a month. So you can stream, download, chat, browse and game online with no worries about any usage caps.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi ninja 12,

Yes this is for all Eircom broadband packages.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Hi ninja 12,

Yes this is for all Eircom broadband packages.

Thanks

Tracey

Thanks for the reply .

• Advertisement

No problem at all, please don't hesitate in coming back to me if you have any further queries or questions.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 22 polks

Hi polks,

I'm sorry about that. The above information you got was incorrect.

The website states -

Thanks

Tracey

Thanks for the clarification.

No problem at all polks.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement