Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ticketmaster charges, stephens green kiosk?

Options
  • 26-05-2013 4:53pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was looking at buying two tickets for a gig, soundgarden, and note that I have to pay over 12e in charges to ticketmaster + the booking fee. It used to be the case that these were waived if you paid in cash at the stephens green kiosk, anybody know if this is still the case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

For me- Ticketmaster = Robbing B*sT**ds:mad:.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Not sure...but I bought 2 tickets from an outlet and it cost 2e on each.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Grid. wrote: »
    Not sure...but I bought 2 tickets from an outlet and it cost 2e on each.

I think you are right. 2.15 euro or something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Was looking at buying two tickets for a gig, soundgarden, and note that I have to pay over 12e in charges to ticketmaster + the booking fee. It used to be the case that these were waived if you paid in cash at the stephens green kiosk, anybody know if this is still the case?

Pretty sure you are still not charged if you buy it at the Stephens Green kiosk. Bought a ticket there in December or so and wasn't charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 arlandria

That's mad! I got mine from a kiosk and only had to pay the €54.50 for the ticket, no extra charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

You'll get charged at the kiosk if you pay by credit card. Cash or Laser at those kiosks and charges range between nothing and 2 euro per ticket. I was charged 2 euro per ep ticket at the jervis one. I think I've bought tickets and been charged nothing at the stephen's green one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

isnts €2 charges, last time i paid for a ticket from ticketmaster the booking fee charge was €4.95, 2 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Since this topic was revived, noticed that there seems to be ticketmaster charges on the tickets on the kiosk in Stephens Green now. Bought two Jimmy Eat World tickets there and I got charged extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

I think it may depend on the venue of the gig, or who is promoting it, whether or not there is a service charge handling fee at the Stephens Green ticketmaster kiosk.

I am not sure if it is now added to all tickets bought there, but if it is, it was the case previously that for some gigs there was no service charge handling fee at that kiosk, and for other gigs it was required.

The booking fee is always included in the ticket price, as far as I know. The extra charge is the service charge handling fee.

There are some details on the reasons for a service charge here, on ticketmaster's site

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/service_charges.html

"Service Charge
    This per-ticket service charge is the main income for Ticketmaster and this cost varies from event to event, but it is always agreed in consultation with our client. This fee contributes to our credit/debit card processing services, merchant fees and distribution costs and also helps pay for the technology, including installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software, telephone lines, associated labour in addition to access control at venues that makes it possible to provide the most convenient - and safest - ticket buying options available. The amount of these fees used by Ticketmaster helps us cover getting you your tickets and technology costs. With other revenues it helps us to stay a profitable business, which in turn allows us to reinvest in our technology and the services we provide".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Just go to Sound Cellar instead and pay either 50c or €1 per ticket. You have to pay in cash though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

well my friend ian just his ticket today for button factory enhance gig normal price €15 each he paid altogether €19.95 lol only 5c cheaper then the door price is €20

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

I got two tickets in Stephens green yesterday, only charged 24 euro each ticket price. Paid cash and was expecting an extra 5-6 euro on top

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Needed to buy 5 tickets today for 2 different gigs later in the year in the Olympia.

Tried Sound Cellar at 5:30pm but it was closed so went up to the Ticketmaster kiosk in Stephens Green.

Made sure to get cash out of ATM to avoid credit card charges.

They still charged me €2.15 service charge per ticket though.

I only thought of going to directly to the Olympia on the way home. Would I have avoided the €2.15 service charge if I had went there or would I have still had to pay it because it's a Ticketmaster Box Office? Be good to know for future reference.

If so, then on the same €30 ticket it works out as:

Olympia Theatre box office - €0.00 service charge
    Sound Cellar - €1.00 " "
    Stephens Green - €2.15 " " (or €4.15 if using debit card?)
    Ticketmaster.ie - €3.75

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement